Muddy’s Homestead Expansion

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love our stock 16' stock trailer better than our old Miley 2 horse trailer. I can actually back up the 16 stock with no trouble where I used to kink the shorter Miley. We have used the stock trailer to move friends, our children, ourselves from house to house, and are using it to move a lot of stuff to Texas. It is much more usable than a 3-horse trailer.

You might want to price out new trailers too. Smetimes you can get the last year's model cheaper. We shopped for a used trailer and then found our WW stock trailer new for what used ones were going for in our area. Plus, we were able to customize it with 2 interior doors instead of the single gate that was stock. That gave us 3 compartments in the trailer instead of two. We also got slide doors on all the gates. That was a must for loading, transporting sheep and goats, and made it easy to feed and water when traveling. We used if for years for showing the kids' dairy herds at Fairs. We would put all the tack, feed, show and milking equipment, etc. in the front compartment, put the young stock in the middle compartment, and the milkers in the rear compartment. I pulled it with the truck and a 12' camper. The three trailer compartments made it easy to transport the kids' Fair market animals of different species. One time when picking up some sheep we had bought, the breeder asked if we could transport a Dester bull for him back near our house. That extra compartment came in handy there too. I also used to pack the front compartment with feed, tack, etc. and haul the trailer to Montana de Oro to horse camp with my ETI friends.

We could sell our trailer now for more than we paid for it, but I love it and will keep it even when we don't have any more animals to transport. We do need to have the roof coated and have the trailer painted to keep it from developing rust spots.

Stock trailers are wonderful. The interior gates are removable (heavy) to allow you to use the entire interior of the trailer for hauling anything. Cover the stuff inside with tarps in bad weather and no problems. We have hauled hay, cabinets for remodeling projects, lumber and building stuff, etc, etc. You will get your money out of a stock trailer.

R2elk

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Love our stock 16' stock trailer better than our old Miley 2 horse trailer. I can actually back up the 16 stock with no trouble where I used to kink the shorter Miley.
Fact - it is easier to back a longer trailer straight than a short one.
We have used the stock trailer to move friends, our children, ourselves from house to house, and are using it to move a lot of stuff to Texas. It is much more usable than a 3-horse trailer.
It is really nice to not have to lift things high to get them in a stock or horse trailer.
We could sell our trailer now for more than we paid for it, but I love it and will keep it even when we don't have any more animals to transport.
I sold my 4 horse long after I no longer needed it to transport animals. Main reason was to eliminate temptation to get another horse.

Latest posts