MuldrowHomeFarm-Our journey into Farming (little did we know this is where we were going....)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is fall lawn raking time! People will rake their yards, bag the leaves and set them out on the curb. You can pick them up and use them for the mud. Just look at the trees the leaves come from, you don't want to plant those darned Chinese tallow trees!

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ah, but you are wrong there, my dear! I am a Beekeeper! Chinese Tallow is our BIGGEST nectar flow here in South Texas! What once was a trash tree and a terrible invasive, bad tree has become my very best friend!!
20200919_170744.jpg

20200915_122730.jpg

Jalapeño honey
20200507_182103.jpg

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It appears the testimonials page on the NS website is no longer there, which is a shame. It was comprised of~literally~thousands of testimonials of satisfied customers with great before and after pics of affected areas. Those pics were worth a thousand words in and of themselves.
So I ordered NuStock and waited and waited......finally got package pictured below
20200928_120814.jpg
20200928_120800.jpg

USPS deemed it Hazardous Material.
I contacted NuStock and they said they would ship me a new package. Hopefully, they wont put 2 tubes in a flat rate envelope this time. It obviously got crushed. I used it on Midnight anyway but what a mess!!
I will post a before and after pics!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is what her legs look like currently View attachment 77876
We have liberally applied NuStock but it was feom the crushed tubes so it may have lost some effectiveness but I wanted to start the treatment.

Oh dear. Poor alpaca girl.
I don't see any reason why the Nustock would lose any effectiveness.
But I'm sure the package was a mess.
I'd love to see progress pics if possible, please and thanks.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
The NS tends to separate in the tube and it needs a good mushing to get the ingredients well mixed prior to application, so I can see what you mean by wanting it to be effective. I can't believe they shipped it like that! I can get NS much cheaper than from the company by buying it at my local feed store/mill, so you may check out your feed store for it if you buy again.

I've even made my own NS, as the ingredients are pretty simple and easily found. Love that stuff! It's goopy, messy and smelly but it's great stuff.

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It does smell! I think that was why USPS deemed it Hazardous. The lady behind the counter put gloves on and brought it out in a container with a lid. You would have thought it was a snake the way they acted. I picked it up and figured out that the tubes had been smashed and the flat rate paper envelope had soaked up the liquid and it had been squeezed out of the crushed tubes. Strange way to ship tube meds. I expected a box, not an envelope.
Poor Midnight is being ostracized or is ostracizing herself. I think she doesn't feel good. Do you think I should give her anything else? Banamine or LA200? Maybe Vitamin B?