MuldrowHomeFarm-Our journey into Farming (little did we know this is where we were going....)

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are going to pump water up to it.....we hope.....currently, we fill a 250 gallon tank that is in the back of one if our trucks every 3 or 4 days......we pump it into a big black tub at the farm then carry it via 5 gallon buckets to its destination. Our water well is a year or so out, unless things work out better than hoped.....
At the boys pen, we have a rain gutter system that works very well....will post photos soon! We will set one up at all pens before winter.

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Y'all are giving that boy the best time of his life. Aren't kids great!
Nothing like having only one grandchild! I am begging for more but so far, I am being ignored, refused and down right given dirty looks. Cap's Mom is a flat out NO.......my Oldest daughter is on the fence but has had 2 miscarriages in the last 3 years so I don't push now......and JM says, "If it's God's will......", which, of course, I can't argue.....and our youngest is in his 3rd year of a 6 year contract with the Air Force and although I hope he stays in, he says he plans to move back to the farm with us and he can meet someone here and start a family. He is currently in NJ. SOOOOOOOO......Captain Spiderman is it for now........and I have vowed to enjoy every moment since I may not get another one! Poor kid!
20201003_114707.jpg
20180212_100634.jpg

Our first picture together......I was there when he took his first breath and I was the first one to see him besides the medical staff. I'm a little bit enamored. I cannot believe he will be 3 in February.
20180212_102425.jpg

I think he knew what was coming!
output(3).jpg

That is our little Wether goat, Hamilton. He is so sweet. That is the first day we brought the goats home. Cap and Ham have been buddies from that moment. Hamilton has a collar with his name and our number embroidered on it. These 2 are pretty inseparable at the farm.
20201003_161427.jpg

This is exactly one year later. Cap was eating an apple and Hammy wanted it!
Thank you guys for encouraging me! He is such a great part of our adventures!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
and our youngest is in his 3rd year of a 6 year contract with the Air Force and although I hope he stays in, he says he plans to move back to the farm with us and he can meet someone here and start a family.
With so many family farms not continuing because the kids don't want to farm, I hope he DOES come back ;)

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cap was eating an apple and Hammy wanted it!

What an adorable young man! And what a joy that the goat likes him so much! Maybe the goat can be like a pet dog that goes "BAAAAAAH!"

Regarding that tower you have built to hold a water tank, you can't fool me! That is really an oil derrick and you plan to have another Spindletop!

Senile Texas Aggie

For those not familiar with Texas history, Spindletop is where they first discovered oil in Texas. It is located not far from where Miss MuldrowHomeFarm is located. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spindletop