MuldrowHomeFarm-Our journey into Farming (little did we know this is where we were going....)

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh, yes! Very lovely! These easy, quiet days.... even at 3 am, Captain Spiderman is welcomed to cuddle! He always has the a sly little grin, as if he knows he is getting away with something.....
20200705_163941.jpg

Him and Poppa, playing with their tablets....such a doll!

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, lots of goings on here!! DH teaches a year long Beginning Beekeeping Class and 2 of our students lost their homes during Laura. Please say a prayer for them and their families. We have 2 other students who have Churches that have Disaster Recovery teams nearby so it has worked out for them to get experienced help and on the road to recovery.
We cannot say enough about how grateful we are for the lack of devastation we experienced, as we were truly thinking we would lose so much. God is Good. We have recovered from the downed trees and cleaned up the minor branches.
Health wise, all is well, with a few minor exceptions. 1. Our Alpaca, Cass, had several ticks in her left ear and made a major ordeal of us removing them. She is still favoring that ear and we check it every few days to make sure we haven't missed anything but what a fuss she puts up! She whistles very shrilly and long, she whines and hums very loudly. Of course, she pulls away from us but thank heavens, she doesn't Cush while we are working on her. Unlike Sihu (pronounced She Who) who immediately tries to CUSH in all caps, when we touch her. Of course, Sihu is 18 years old, so I can't blame her for not wanting to be touched. She is in excellent shaoe and we just love her but what a DIVA!!
2. Our Alpaca, Midnight has mange on her legs. She doesn't appear to be bothered by it but the hair falling out is unsightly and makes me think she is uncomfortable. We give her monthly Ivermectin shots for Mworms and that is supposed to take care of the mange, as well. I don't see it working so far. Other than that, she appeared to be a bit hunched and her neck was being held low. In a long necked species, this can be a big deal. Along with that, she had a droopy lip. Much more to come but work calls!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Midnight May not have mange, she may have rain rot from her legs staying wet. Heat, humidity and wet cause bacteria to multiply and hair falls out. On my horses I used Pine O Pine mixed with water and sponged it on. It usually took a couple of weeks. There are other products, just google rain rot and see what you come up with.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed had recommended a product called Nu-Stock somewhere on this site. I got some to keep in my vet bucket, ordered from Amazon. I just used it yesterday on my mares eyebrow where she had ripped the hide off. It's been around for a long time, the label guarantees satisfaction, and says it will grow hair back even on old scars. Might be worth a look. I hope you can find the key to helping her out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Latest posts