MuldrowHomeFarm-Our journey into Farming (little did we know this is where we were going....)

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, this week, Cap and his Momma have been on 'Cation......meaning, vacation. They left last Friday, drove to Florida to see a friend and then on to South Carolina, where Momma dropped Cap off to spend the week with Aunt Allie (my daughter). Aunt Allie has no children yet and she adore Cap.....it has been a hoot and a holler, getting phone calls, asking, "Is this ok? Should he do this or that? Why is he doing this or that? Can you talk to him about this or that?" Momma got back to South Carolina last night and boy was Aunt Allie happy! Lolololololol
Our house, on the other hand, has been a Tomb without Cap. He has a few little gifts for when he gets home. We've missed him bunches and bunches!
The Alpaca Shed, Donkey Shed and Goat Shed is coming along nicely!
The chickens are growing and seems to have fought off the round of Foxy Poxy, with us only losing 9 of our 145 chicks. We still have one with eye issues but she is getting better daily, if we can keep the others from picking on her.
We are still working on Midnight's legs with NuStock and they are looking much better. She has hurt her back left leg, we are unsure what happened but she doesn't want to stand on it. I have given her Banamine and B12 along with a dose of Thiamine to help her feel better. We will be watching her with her new leg problem.
20201021_175336.jpg
20201021_175313.jpg
20201021_175113.jpg
Screenshot_20201022-115809_Duo.jpg

Cap running around on 'Cation in Aunt Allie's backyard, South Carolina......he was saying, "I got to go, Granna. I'm playing with Koda!" (the dog)

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
CAP IS HOME!! Not that I am excited or anything.......

Poppa and I took him to Dairy Queen for lunch and you can see how that turned out!

It rained a bunch yesterday, so it is a gooey mess but I do have some lovely pictures to share!
20201024_150736.jpg

20201022_163711.jpg

20201022_163606.jpg
20201022_163510.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My 8 non-laying molting 3 year old EE's were slaughtered and given to a neighbor. My 9 red sex link pullets haven't started laying yet, but we have plenty of eggs. 2 neighbors are keeping us supplied.

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, I am sorry to report that we lost our big gorgeous black rooster and 6 guineas to raccoons penetrating our coop. DH is LIVID and set a trap, caught and dispatched a racoon this morning. I hated it but we hate losing our beautiful birds.

If it is not one thing.......

Much work done on the winter shed. I will post photos later.

We spent the night at the farm last night without Cap and he was not happy. Maybe we will stay out there again tonight and bring him with us.......or make we will go home and sleep in our comfy bed, snuggling with Cap!