Muscle testing goats?

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about muscle testing goats for various deficiencies etc? I know how its done with humans but I don't have the slightest idea how to muscle test a goat?

I'm sure my vet will think I'm crazy anyway if I approach him with the information, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I know it seems a bit hokey and I'm not sure how much I really believe in muscle testing anyway?

Anyone know anything about it, or where I can find information on how to muscle test an animal?

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I looked into it at the insistence of a friend. I frankly don't believe it after reading the articles that proved it to her! I saw a lot of influence of the practitioner's beliefs or preconceived notions in the article. However, I go to a chiropractor who uses a form of this that is to determine where weakness is in the body due to nerve impingement. Not the same thing as surrogate muscle testing for deficiencies.

Here was what the article stated, as I recall it: A person was lecturing on muscle testing to a roomful of MD's, at least a couple hundred, I think. He brought a test subject onto the stage and taped a piece of paper with a symbol on it to the person's back and tested the muscle strength. The practitioner and the audience could see the symbol, the testee could not. He used three symbols: A cross, an upside-down cross, and a swastika. The muscles tested strong for the first and weak for the other two. The audience was impressed, I was not.

The symbols had meaning to the practitioner and obviously to many in the audience, but they were all symbols of the same origin. They have meaning today, but historically, they all came from the same source and did not have the same meaning. I would have been more impressed with a double-blind test using substances that the subject had already been tested for deficiencies for, also double-blinded. And several subjects used.

But then, the tests may not have had the desired results.....my version just seems so obvious, especially to a roomful of science-based thinkers.

Of course, I have not looked further into it since reading up a few years ago. I have talked to practitioners in recent years, and many will use a closed container of supplements held by the patient. I still feel that this must be influenced by the practitioner's ideas, since the plastic container is a toxic substance and everyone should test weak while holding it.

JMHO, ymmv! :p

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've never put too much faith in muscle testing. I know too many people who swear by it and they are still unhealthy!

A friend suggested it to me, and I didn't want to insult her, but I don't think I'll be spending much time muscle testing a goat!

Hickoryneck

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
To muscle test a goat you need a second person to stand next to the goat and place their hand on the goat you then test them that is how I was told you test animals you are just reading through that person I learned this many years ago from a herbalist in md. I haven't done it in a few years your post reminded me of it