Mustard explosion and they’re still egg eaters!!!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
She does but she not allowed in the animal pen. Unsupervised that is she a herding dog and gets excited to work the birds and can over stress them some times. So i prefer her not being in there. She can only do so much even are cats help but the amount of barn cats his grandparents have and the amount they feed them does stop them from being near starving. They have plently of rats to hunt but the chicks are easier to catch. One of the reason i or dh shoot first ask later.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, space is not an issue here. The coop is 21’ x 18’ with 12’ high ceilings...lots of roost bars, a ladder too. Plus, they only free range and love that!! During the day we even bring the feed outside to encourage them to stay outs. They are very happy hens...I was just, some easy way to fix it. But, what @Beekissed said makes perfect sense...we haven’t had an egg eating issue since last fall, when our first pullets started laying. I’ll bet their eggs had deformities. And, now that everyone is laying...the few that are not up to par...get taken out. Makes sense! Well, at least I don’t have to worry about this anymore MM. thanks!! :love