My Ali is now getting help! updated pictures

MaggieSims

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
OK, dropped off the... Droppings. Left while they tested, truck didn't start at the grocery store, had to be towed home. Hubs discovered one of my batteries is gone. Some one stole ONE battery. Why not both? Why one at all?

Any who, will be at vets when they open, called them and they said she did have a high worm load, so treatment of the whole herd was needed. Will find exact info on the morning.

Now I'm freaking out, worried, pacing. Ugh. Sleepless night I'm sure.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't worry. :hugs

If the counts are real high sometimes it is best to do a 3 day course of the fenbendazole 10% this helps parasite load to detach slower and less likely for internal bleed out. Then 10 days later do a different dewormer.

See what the vet recommends. Just keep in mind VERY high loads can cause serious issues when deworming.

Probios and vitamins are always good for the gut when deworming.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not an expert so no advice. I just wanted to say good luck! And your vet will help you through the whole thing.

And seriously who steals a battery? Did no one notice? That's bizarre. But then again I live in a small town.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the battery. UGH!!! People sometime make me want to just go and hide and not be associated with the human race.

@Southern by choice by choice gave good advice, worm slowly if the worm load is high. Sometimes the treatment can be as dangerous as the worms if there are a lot of them.

Hopefully this will get her back on track.

MaggieSims

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wow , the vets office was super busy, but basically she was loaded with coccidia, apparently 3 different kinds? And one type of stomach worm, I can't remember what it was called, I asked 3 times, but i still forgot. She gave me 2 kinds of meds to treat the whole herd. Asked to bring a group poo for testing in 2 weeks. Fortunately, she is easy to medicate, actually all but 2 are, she thinks the drench gun means something tasty, as I usually add maple syrup to make drenching easy.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was the stomach worm Barber Pole? Or the "real" name is Haemonchus contortus. That is probably the most common one that causes problems.

MaggieSims

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
No I don't think so, I thought it started with an 'S', but I've been trying to research it and can't find anything that looked familiar to what I remember her saying.