my angoras

wafflesmom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Wanted to share a pic of my angora buns. Truffles is my english and she's almost 2yr old. She was in rough shape when I got her.
Rocher as in the candy ferrier(sp?) rocher, is my 6 month old english/satin mix angora. They are both spayed and neutered.

They are some spoiled house bunnies. Truffles isn't as friendly and active as Rocher but its ok. When I 1st shaved her down, I found a mean looking scar about 10" from her spine down her side.
I got Rocher when he was 5 wks old. He's an attention hog who loves to run through the house when they get let loose. He does burn outs on the couch...hahaha

In this pic they are on the porch for the weekly groom.
932_img00181.jpg

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
They are adorable. They certainly look very healthy, especially the one that was a rescue. It is very rewarding to bring a rescue back to health. I have done that a number of times with different animals.

wafflesmom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score

The people that I got her from said she came from a lady that showed and needed to sell them.
After the 2nd people bred her and got babies they decided not to keep her.
I got her cheap too b/c I didn't want her papers.
She was matted to the skin and couldn't move her legs!

I haven't a clue about showing or what standards they must meet but her original owner must have been good to her b/c she's not a problem to groom. She just lays there and I can do anything.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
That is definitely a plus with a rabbit who needs so much grooming. I once had a German Angora. She had to be sheared every 3 months. They don't molt. She was very good about it too.