My BJ, My Husband has Died

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I finished cleaning out his closet today. I have his suits, dress shirts and slacks in the back seat. In the morning I’ll put the 9 trash bags of clothes in the back of the truck and go to Longview, a little over an hour away.
I am so proud of you.

Such great strength to get that done.

Madhouse Pullet

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You have great pictures. You two were beautiful people 💜

The quilt and pillow is such a great idea, so very thoughtful...

My oldest sons dad (my fiance at the time) passed away when my son was just 7 months old. We were barely 20 yrs old; together for 2.5 years and being my first loss, I had no desire to hold onto his clothes; I only saved one shirt for my son, the shirt he wore the day before his passing.
And thats the one thing I regret so much, getting rid of his clothes because now our son is 12 and he loves that shirt. He would wear it every day if he could. He was so young, I was so young, I didn't understand or think of the value of things like that.

....It will mean a lot for them to have something like that of his, to literally "hold onto", especially in times of need.

:hugs I'm thinking of you and your family and sending uplifting vibes your way every day.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is the memorial for BJ here at our house, on the front porch. The porch is screened in and 12' x 54'. A few weeks ago, we had a memorial for him in Livingston, where we both had lived for 30 plus years. Friends we have made here are coming to celebrate BJ, the happy, smiling guy they knew and loved. My son is here, my daughter is bringing my granddaughters. The middle granddaughter was his favorite and she has been the most hurt by his passing. I hope this helps her cope with his loss.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BJs memorial was so nice. Our friends from Livingston came up and did the honors here, a lot of friends were here. Some brought food, one brought drinks, just an informal cake, cookies, chips and sandwiches. Then everyone visited. A dear friend that DD has been friends with all her life came with her 3kids. They dumped toys in the middle bedroom and played. Middle granddaughter clung to her mom during the service and youngest sat in my lap. It was a perfect afternoon.

More to add this evening. Youngest spent night, going to play with her.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We laughed and we cried together. Our friends here needed this to say goodbye. Many stayed after the memorial to visit, we had a party.

My DD was late. We waited on her and the kids. How appropriate that she was late and she said BJ would have totally approved. A guy she used to work with in Tyler was selling a Mini Cooper convertible with only 73,000 miles on it for $4,000. she, the kids and a friend went to go get it and it made her late. We all had a good laugh over it and the best part is that it is the future car for my 14 year old granddaughter. She is over the moon excited. My son in law stayed home sick, so there was no extra driver to take it home. A dear friend of theirs, Gretel, took it home.

In 2018, everything we had broke down except for the tractor. Our daughter loaned us her car. Our son in law's car needed work, but was drivable, so she used that. Their friend Gretel and broke her foot, was in a cast and couldn't drive. She loaned her car to my son in law so he could get to work and he picked her up every morning and took her to work, and took her home. So now, Gretel's car is broke down and they get to repay the favor by letting her use the Mini Cooper.

Latest posts