My dad's new puppy

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well we have a name! "Kodiak" or Kodi for short. It seems to fit him. We have Grizzly who is a cockapoo and now we have Kodiak, a caucasian shepherd. Lol fits, too--Kodiak bears are 2-3x the size of Grizzly bears and so far Kodi is like 3x the size of Grizzly and will just get bigger haha.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well the little fella went to the vet on Monday and he weighs 53 lbs. He turns 4 months old today (he was born April 11).

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is going to be a big boy

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup Good weight!

D and Badger weighed the same at that age so he is doing well... although I think he will be bigger simply from the breed!
Good job, not too heavy too fast - will ruin his bones.

But where are the update pics?
Really Sheepgirl- you know better! :plbb

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
On Thanksgiving

Here he is next to our English Bulldog puppy. As you can see, Kodi has destroyed the sofa, lol.
20161124_165938[1].jpg

And then me and Kodi
SI_20161124_171118[1].jpg

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think he weighs over 100 lbs now. I will have to ask my dad what he weighed at his last vet appt.

My dad also takes him to the PetsMart obedience classes once a week. He's an okay dog, he is just food aggressive. He growls and tries to bite you when you take a bone away or get near his food. He has a short attention span, too. So many things are sooo interesting to him. :rolleyes:

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
House dog, but he is outside for most of the day (he gets too hot inside). He isn't allowed with the sheep without supervision because he chases them, however he stops when he is corrected. He does like to lay under the tree outside the fence and watch them, though. He doesn't chase them outside the fence, just when he's on the same side.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big boy and very handsome. I had a lot of work to do with my last puppy due to chasing and mouthing everything but the one thing she could care less about is anyone bothering her food. My male, Francis, never chased a flea, but don't let another animal mess with his food. They are all different.