My Dwarf Hotot Is a Crazy Toe-Eater!

CYGChickies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
No kidding! Today we were cleaning out the two indoor cages (temporary) so I let Cleopatra (my hotot doe) and Maggie May (her Lionhead cagemate) out to wander a little in the small room where their cages are. After lopping around harmlessly I thought they'd be fine so I got to work. All of the sudden I feel this horrible pain in my big toe--right on the boney part/knuckle--and I look down to see Cleo happily munching on my toe. After moving both her and my feet several times and still getting chased and bitten I decided she is a toe-efficianado. She also chased my friend's feet when she came in. We need steel toe boots!!

CYG

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
CYGChickies said:
No kidding! Today we were cleaning out the two indoor cages (temporary) so I let Cleopatra (my hotot doe) and Maggie May (her Lionhead cagemate) out to wander a little in the small room where their cages are. After lopping around harmlessly I thought they'd be fine so I got to work. All of the sudden I feel this horrible pain in my big toe--right on the boney part/knuckle--and I look down to see Cleo happily munching on my toe. After moving both her and my feet several times and still getting chased and bitten I decided she is a toe-efficianado. She also chased my friend's feet when she came in. We need steel toe boots!!

CYG
Foot fetish? Looks like just trying to get your attention. First time Hubby met Kreacher, Kreacher needed his right hand thumb nail. It was funny! When you say munching, was it a actual bite or a nip. Nips mean "move over". Push means "get out of way or I don't want it". Bite, well that means something completely different. Rabbits have many ways of communicating. :)

CYGChickies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It was a hard bite and more than one like she was chewing. She didn't act aggressive but more like she thought toes made a great toy. Maybe she was playing and we gave her a paper towel tube to keep her occupied in the cage since the toys/chews they had didn't seem to interest her much.

CYG

4-H forever!<3

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have heard that dwarf hothots are known to be aggressive, but this sounds more like playing. I have a polish who randomly bites out of excitement. It sounds like normal rabbit behavior. We all know how they tend to be a bit inpredictable. But, I still love them!:love

cattlequeen

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I think she just thinks you're playing. Try giving her something to chew on in her cage if she doesn't already.
I have a little heifer named Cleopatra haha :lol: