My first baby......and I missed it!!!

FunnyFarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have been anxiously waiting for the pending birth of my first baby pygmy. My doe was very skinny when I brought her home, but in about 2 months it was obvious she was already bred. So I was guessing she would have the baby in August based on when I got her from the previous owners. I have had plans for a year to go away for the weekend to see friends & wouldn't you know it she had the baby within 12 hours of when I left. She had no discharge & still had her ligaments when I checked her that day. I'm back now & everythings looks fine. Both are eating, active, & look great. I'm just disappointed I didn't get to see it. I had my delivery kit all together & ready, but this first time mom did a fabulous job & loves her little buck as much as I do. We both can't stop looking at him. Anyway here's his pictures, now for thinking of a good name for him.
516_goats_001.jpg
516_goats_003.jpg
516_goats_009.jpg

Chirpy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What an adorable little guy.. I love his coloring. :D

So glad it all went well... sounds like you got a great momma there.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He is a real cutie! Congratulations. Yep, they can always be counted on to have those kids at the most unexpected times. And it really, really is planned.

FunnyFarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks, I think he's adorable myself, but I am a bit partial. Next time the pregnant goat gets tied to my leg until I get to see the delivery!!! ;)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
FunnyFarm said:
Thanks, I think he's adorable myself, but I am a bit partial. Next time the pregnant goat gets tied to my leg until I get to see the delivery!!! ;)
:lol: That will be one hard leg to drag!

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry, but if the doe knows the "Code", then she'll wait until you have to go to the bathroom, untie her for that minute, and deliver the kids while you're gone. Just the nature of the beast. :)

Latest posts