My first goat labor!

Duckfarmerpa1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh my gosh what a Blessing you have!!! All your does kidded, and with no troubles! All the kids doing great!! You are sooo Blessed! You should just enjoy every minute of this while you can, because, as a mom, you know how fast it all goes by...and it’s gone. Enjoy those precious kiddos!! I love all those names you chose! Now I want to steal Them...:). I had a dream about my does kidding last night, going well...let’s hope it goes like yours...congratulations :weee :love:thumbsup:p:cool:

Nommie Bringeruvda Noms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
WOW!!! What an awesome, blessed memory to have! So many kidding, in such rapid succession! I'm very glad for you, that not only did all go beautifully - I'm SO IMPRESSED with YOU!! - but, that they went in succession, rather than multiples, at the same time, especially with as much as you did have to 'lend a hand'! :celebrate:clap:celebrate:clap:celebrate

YourRabbitGirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Little Otis was born at 4am! He had both hooves backward, so progress stopped once his face was out. I had to go in to slip out each hoof, then he came out smoothly. Nerve-wracking first delivery, but mom and baby look great! I “bounced” but I didn’t feel anything more, so I think she’s done. Waiting on afterbirth. She’s already got him cleaned up (though she’s STILL cleaning!)
A94487BD-0E92-4989-9C29-FB81908F175B.jpeg
That is soooo cute. I hope it will grow strong, Is that a girl or a boy? I hope its a girl... so you can have some more goats... hehehehe... good luck.. :D:D:D

bethh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They are so adorable. I hope that when my girls kid the first time that I do as good a job as you did. What did you make for birthing suites? The little parts I saw looked like dog crate sides.

Coolbreeze89

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They are so adorable. I hope that when my girls kid the first time that I do as good a job as you did. What did you make for birthing suites? The little parts I saw looked like dog crate sides.
i use Retriever dog kennel panels from Tractor Supply. I buy the kennels when I get their % off anything promotions (or on Craigslist) - they end up being cheaper than the 10ft interlocking farm panels, and they’re small enough for me to maneuver on my own. I love em!

bethh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Anyway that you can post a picture. We have a variety of dog crates.
i use Retriever dog kennel panels from Tractor Supply. I buy the kennels when I get their % off anything promotions (or on Craigslist) - they end up being cheaper than the 10ft interlocking farm panels, and they’re small enough for me to maneuver on my own. I love em!