my first kidding thread - Update! Triplets!

Kristi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I've so enjoyed seeing everybody's babies, I thought I'd start a kidding thread to share ours.

We are new to goats (bought them in January), and this will be our first kidding. First for us people...third for each of the goats.

Clementine is due first. She was bred before we got her, and I'm told she' due May 2. I think she's bred to an alpine buck, but not sure. After reading up on this site and others, I think she may go early. We're 10 days out and she's getting puffy, having some discharge, and her ligaments seem mushy already. Lately she doesn't tolerate me brushing or touching her anywhere near the back half of her. Not to mention her udder's been pretty full for atleast a couple weeks, and she's getting big and obviously very uncomfortable, poor thing!

We're due for a bit of snow later this week...probably that day, eh?

We all (children, family, friends, neighbors, lol) are anxiously awaiting the babies! I've told the kids that if I catch it happening in the middle of the night, I'll wake them up so we can all watch. Lol.

Here's a picture of Clemmy looking big, about a week ago. She's eating off the ground because, of course, they wrecked the awesome hay feeder I built out of old crib parts, lol!

Attachments

• DSC09854.JPG
    DSC09854.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 124

Kristi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here's Clementine today. Giving me the evil eye for pestering her with the camera, lol.

Attachments

• 20140423_112132.jpg
    20140423_112132.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 20140423_112441.jpg
    20140423_112441.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 125

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got twins named Clara Belle and Clementine, so I love the name.
Good luck with the kidding. Hope to see babies soon.
And, you are correct, if you have snow in the forecast that's when they will come.:)

Kristi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Got the barn finished....today :) Good thing too, looks like I'll be sleeping in it tonight....Clem's in labor! Right on schedule, the silly girl.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you got it finished! Sleeping in the barn.... been there done that! Usually the goat will cuddle up with you and help keep you warm, surprisingly they make a good pillow :lol:

Good luck! Keep us posted!