My Frist Doe is prego

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My Little Pygora is bred and will kid on Feb 12..i can't wait...These will be our frist babies and we are thrilled ....:love

I hope winter is kind to us this yr after last year..... i dont want 3 feet of snow to fuss with...:fl

Cyndi

Mossy Stone Farm

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have taken a bunch of pic of mom and my other two goats, but some how haven't been able to post them here...:th
I must be doing some thing wrong..:barnie
But hopefully by the time my little ones are here i will be able to..... :fl

Mossy Stone Farm

Blon Dalone

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm very excited for you! Last week my pygmy gal gave birth for the first time and my first goat birthing experience with my OWN goat. Before I bought my property and moved here I had to board my goats, so I saw the other goats at the GoatieInn give birth, but it's SO different when it's your own. I'm so glad I got so much info from Backyard Herds and from reading everything I could. The best advice I was given was when someone told me to make sure that you are there when she's giving birth. Clover had twins and the firstborn needed assistance. You wont regret putting together a birthing kit ahead of time and don't skimp on anything. Remember to keep things calm and quiet for her and be prepared to see her in ALOT of pain. I'm still learning about so much and fiascofarms.com is a goldmine for people like us! BackYardHerds directed me to this. Check it out if you haven't already. Congratulations!