My garden 😞

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Your chickens will LOVE the sunflower seeds, also!!

Wish I had a neighbor like that!! Keep him. :clap
Silly me! I wasn't even thinking of the chickens! Now, I asked this question in my rabbit thread about the rabbits, but how much or how many to feed the chickens? 6 layers. A handful scattered a day?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BOSS comes in handy to get the chickens to go back in the coop. Always feed treats in the coop instead of outside, so they will more easily go back in the coop when you want them to.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:he :somad I'm generally a patient person....but suddenly I am feeling like a two year old and I want it NOW!
The hay for my garden is sitting at the neighbor's. I have permission to use his tractor at any time. There are 6 trees waiting to be cut in the garden plot. My chainsaw dropped a fuel line. Someone told me he could replace it for me...now it won't work at all. Frustrated, I decided to buy another chainsaw. I want to do some "up in the tree" work, anyhow, so opted for a 40 volt cordless electric. Hours of research (no other projects I could work on today anyhow) and settled on one at Lowes. But it won't be here until the 13th.
Meanwhile, I've been negotiating with a guy on rescuing my workshop. Almost two weeks now. At first he said tear it down. Now he says it can be saved, about 4 days labor...but still cheaper than tear down and rebuild. Would start next week...but rain is forcast for every day next week!
I would just go get the panels for the goats I want this spring just to have something to do...but haven't figured out how to haul them in a short bed pickup.
Also found out there is a place near me that has pallets (roughly 4' X 4', one side heat treated 3/4" plywood) for $2 each. Goat barn and duck coops. But I don't know where it is, and have to wait on him to take me.
Grrrrrr!!! Hurry up and wait.
Patience is a virtue. But I'm not feeling very virtuous right now.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would just go get the panels for the goats I want this spring just to have something to do...but haven't figured out how to haul them in a short bed pickup
Whatever you do - DON'T fold them up so they'll fit - they'll never be straight again no matter how many times you run over them with the truck and/or tractor to try to get them flat. But, if you're gonna cut them in half anyway that would make them easier to haul.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Whatever you do - DON'T fold them up so they'll fit - they'll never be straight again no matter how many times you run over them with the truck and/or tractor to try to get them flat. But, if you're gonna cut them in half anyway that would make them easier to haul.
:thumbsup kinda figured that too. Thought I'd take advantage of my FANTASTIC neighbor again, and next time he's out and about with his trailer, near TSC...
Oh. I just realized I wasn't finished with my rant. I'm a veteran and my old house was 5 minutes from the VA hospital. Now it's an hour and a half away. There's a provision that, because of distance, I'm eligible for "local care". I started working on that last August. Nothing. Two weeks ago I contacted my US Senator's office. I called the VA today and learned there is a congressional inquiry going on in my behalf....but still no resolution! Glad I'm a reasonably healthy individual.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you talking about 16' CP's? We haul them in a truck all the time. And I have even used my tiny '04 Tacoma. You just load them in straight, the extra hanging off the tailgate, then push them up until they are sort of a crossways covered wagon style. We always use tiedowns once they are humped up to keep them bowed. Not over the top, but connected to the front cargo hooks in the truck bed, connected to the back end of the CP's. Shut the tailgate. When you get home you can release the tiedowns slowly until you are able to safely unhook and unload.
Do not load without using tiedowns to keep them humped up. There is a lot of pressure on the tailgate otherwise, and when you open it they can spring out and knock you down.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Are you talking about 16' CP's? We haul them in a truck all the time. And I have even used my tiny '04 Tacoma. You just load them in straight, the extra hanging off the tailgate, then push them up until they are sort of a crossways covered wagon style. We always use tiedowns once they are humped up to keep them bowed. Not over the top, but connected to the front cargo hooks in the truck bed, connected to the back end of the CP's. Shut the tailgate. When you get home you can release the tiedowns slowly until you are able to safely unhook and unload.
Do not load without using tiedowns to keep them humped up. There is a lot of pressure on the tailgate otherwise, and when you open it they can spring out and knock you down.
I THINK I'M IN LOVE! :love Now why didn't I have the sense to figure that out?!? THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU! Tomorrow. Wait, rain tomorrow. Wednesday!
BTW. You got any pull with the VA? :lol: