My goat ate a matchbox car!!!!

Hollywood Goats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She was in the house playing and ate a matchbox car, I tired to get it out of her mouth and she bit my finger hard enough for it to bleed.

Will she be okay? and will she be able to poop it out?

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm not sure if she could poop it out - it might be too big for her to pass it. This is the younger goat, I assume?

You should probably consult a vet to see if they have to surgically remove it - something small like a penny or dime I might think differently, but a matchbox car is too big.

Good luck!

Hollywood Goats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
she is almost full size, and it was a tiny car like 2 inches big.

she is about 17 inches tall, 17 inch girth and 24 pounds.

I am not positive that she ate it, my imaginative 9 year old sister told me that she was eating a car, so I stuck my fingers in her mouth to try to get it out and/or see if it was there.

At least it is lead free. :/

ThornyRidge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I really would not think a goat would eat the car.. however anything is possible.. if she did I would definately consult a vet that is knowledgeable of goats/livestock.. and if she did it may need surgery to remove because something that large and made of metal/plastic will not only irritate digestive tract but most likely will not pass and become lodged causing serious problems including death... I would see if someone could x-ray to see if something shows up.. and remember goats can't vomit like dogs/cats if something irritates them/need to bring up..