My goats hate citrus

littlegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My goats hate citrus peels. I was wondering can they eat citrus?

verkagj

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sometimes mine will eat cut up oranges and other times not at all. All of mine like mangoes and raisins. Raisins, not grapes. You never know what will work for snacks. :barnie

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Two of mine eat citrus...with skins. They'll also eat banana, apple all with peels. One of them will try almost everything while the other changes his mind. Then there are two others who think I am trying to poison them. They all love salted peanuts in shells and crasins.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Goats are actually pretty picky about what they eat, contrary to the common perception that they are walking vacuums. The issue with some is that they will nibble on things they really shouldn't. Try it with them again sometime though and they might decide to give it another try and actually like it. When I first introduced alfalfa to my does, they acting like I was insane.

doxiemoxie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, it depends, was yesterday sun-shiney? Is there an R in this day of the week? and did you offer it left handed or right handed? Always make sure the pieces aren't cut too small, or too big. And never let the sheep smell them first. Otherwise, yes my goats like citrus, or no they don't.

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
doxiemoxie said:
Well, it depends, was yesterday sun-shiney? Is there an R in this day of the week? and did you offer it left handed or right handed? Always make sure the pieces aren't cut too small, or too big. And never let the sheep smell them first. Otherwise, yes my goats like citrus, or no they don't.
:yuckyuck