My horse died ... *Cry*

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ranch Girl said:
Thanks everyone. :) She had a colt last year but he doesn't really look anything like her. She was a black & white paint mare.
What happened to her ... well she was a very picky eater and didn't like hay, only grain and sweet feed. Last year we had to take her to a vet to get her checked on because she was getting so skinny and the vet said she had about 100 pounds of sand in her. He gave us some stuff to give her and she was going to have a baby this month but that stuff that vet gave us to give to her killed her baby and she had it last October, of course it was a female colt ... :barnie So after that she had gotten alot fatter and everything, but then last winter she started getting skinny again and then she layed down and couldn't get up yesterday and she had made a big hole were she had layed down 2 nights ago and then she couldn't get up. :(
We had to put her down ... :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit
Cocoa, my beloved horse that is not longer with us.
http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/1489_cocoa_eating_grass.jpg
A similar thing happened to a friend's daughter's horse a few years ago. Beautiful little tri-colored Racking Horse mare. She was acting weird when being ridden. A few days later she was in excriciating pain. Vet was called out, found out that she had sand in her (not sure how much) that had basically turned to cement inside of her. Both daughter and mom still get choked up thinking about her.

Ranch Girl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That's too bad! :hit
We think she had worms or something. They had a huge wheat field and the wheat was super green! She should have been gaining weight. :(

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ranch Girl said:
Thanks everyone. :) She had a colt last year but he doesn't really look anything like her. She was a black & white paint mare.
What happened to her ... well she was a very picky eater and didn't like hay, only grain and sweet feed. Last year we had to take her to a vet to get her checked on because she was getting so skinny and the vet said she had about 100 pounds of sand in her. He gave us some stuff to give her and she was going to have a baby this month but that stuff that vet gave us to give to her killed her baby and she had it last October, of course it was a female colt ... :barnie So after that she had gotten alot fatter and everything, but then last winter she started getting skinny again and then she layed down and couldn't get up yesterday and she had made a big hole were she had layed down 2 nights ago and then she couldn't get up. :(
We had to put her down ... :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit
Cocoa, my beloved horse that is not longer with us.
http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/1489_cocoa_eating_grass.jpg
Thats sooo sad. :( Sorry to hear. She is a beautiful mare,though. :hugs
Atleast you will have a nice colt to work with,and carry on her legacy. :) :love

meme

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I`m very sorry your horse died :( What is funny and sad at the same time is that my neighbor has a horse that is named little bit to, and it died three days ago. good luck.

sorry your horse died,
see ya :hugs

Latest posts