1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Goat Hooves
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

MY KELPIE "MAX"AT WORK.

Discussion in 'Everything Else Sheep' started by The Old Ram-Australia, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Sep 14, 2017
    The Old Ram-Australia

The Old Ram-Australia Loving the herd life

G'day,here is a "shaky"(it's damm hard to film and direct the dog at the same time) at times short clip of"Max" working a group of ewes and their lambs.IMO , this is the most challenging work for a dog to undertake,this clip was the first time he has had to handle this class of stock at close quarters.

The great part for me was that he managed the little lamb until it decided to go back to the group.

It would not let me load it here ,so here is the linkhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/SHEEP-Farmer/489540237795665

2. Sep 14, 2017
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

Really enjoyed the video - Max did great with that lamb!

3. Sep 14, 2017
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master

You could tell that Max just "knew" that lamb was going to bolt again. Seems like there is always one in the flock.