My kid came today (pics Added)

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
pretty baby.. looks like the little doe we just had! Kids don't regulate body temp very well for the first 24 to 48 hours after that you will see them seek shady hiding spaots while mom browses.

Chris

UglyDog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Want to Thank Everbody for the responses and give an update, I had made several stops around, even the TSC a few towns over and could not find most things mentioned but we got enough stuff with Vitamins and the other things we needed to get Clover on the right track and she is doing GREAT!

My Other Doe had her baby 5.5 days later, and that baby hit the ground nearly running! Much more like what I was expecting from the first one!

This is "Ivy"

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
She's beautiful!

Jeffers Livestock Supply's website is where I buy nearly everything...way cheaper than TSC (even w/ my discount, I work at one) and they don't charge shipping if you order 50$ worth.

Selenium (BoSe) I get from my vet, though....mine will sell it to me by the bottle but she will also sell it in 'kid doses' to folks who don't need a full bottle.

Congrats!

farmin'chick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
A beautiful baby! One way to cool them and avoid drafts is to freeze some water in 16 oz plastic soft drink bottles and wrap them in a heavy towel.

Some of my babies drink water right away, and others don't until they 1) see mama do it and 2) have a water source they can reach. (Our mama goat water supply is too high for them.)

UglyDog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and I will appreciate any suggestions for future reference also. Thought I would add some updated pics my our baby girls being active and cute!

Ivy
P6290124.JPG

P6290107.JPG

P6290106.JPG

Clover & Momma Gizmo
P6290129.JPG

Had to add Their Daddy too!
P6290109.JPG