1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

my lgc keeps an eye on things from the high ground

Discussion in 'Me, My Herd, My Family' started by greybeard, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Feb 26, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

It's no wonder I don't have any blue birds nesting......they don't stand a chance. She's the only predator I let stay alive here.
    DSC00334.JPG

DSC00333.JPG

B&B Happy goats and RollingAcres like this.
  2. Feb 26, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Had to look hard at that one, lol love a brave cat !

3. Feb 26, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

Yeah, another dreary misty day here, and I took the picture thru the screened upstairs window, so it's not real clear.

I've seen that same cat up a 80' pine tree robbing baby squirrels out of a nest. She has no fear....a feral cat that came around and I eventually got her tamed down to stay full time.......sleeps most of the day laid down right beside my dog on the front porch and hunts most of the night and in the early morning when the birds first start coming around.

RollingAcres likes this.
  4. Feb 26, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Sounds like my kind of cat...no bother, does a job and earns its keep.....and leaps high buildings in a single bound.....Super Cat , lol

RollingAcres likes this.
  5. Feb 26, 2019
    MiniSilkys

MiniSilkys Loving the herd life

Yeah, bluebirds wouldn't stand a chance. I didn't even know we had chipmunks on our farm until one of my felines brought one home for her kits. I also watched as another one went and raided a rabbit nest, bringing a total of four home in 10 minutes. She would kill one bring it to a kitten and then go after another. We are over populated with rabbits. They cut the tomato twine on our tomatoes. We have anywhere from 1,000 to 8,000 plants at intervals. We finally started leaving the space where they cut it open. They help fertilize though. But I have to be careful where I plant my cabbage. They will eat my entire row in one night. Pesky rabbits. But it is so cute watching them run around the yard playing in March and April.

B&B Happy goats likes this.