My ND Girls pregnant for the first time

DSetere

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello from Sherwood, Oregon
I have 2 young ladies that are pregnant for their first time. I was wondering if I should have formula & supplies at the ready just in case? If so, what do you recommend? I have raised Cashmere goats for years, they kidded with very few problems.
Debbie :O)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
These will probably kid without problem also. 😊. I almost always have a bottle and preemie nipple on hand in case I need to milk some colostrum and help a slow starter,
or one of say, trips. Since I have had this herd for many years, I freeze colostrum and first few days milk every year...this is first year in many that I've needed to use any. A preemie.

I think you'll be fine. If you have any goat buddies, check if they have any on hand, just in case. I've shared with many over the years. Sometimes with a licensed rehabber for fawns.

DSetere

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
These will probably kid without problem also. 😊. I almost always have a bottle and preemie nipple on hand in case I need to milk some colostrum and help a slow starter,
or one of say, trips. Since I have had this herd for many years, I freeze colostrum and first few days milk every year...this is first year in many that I've needed to use any. A preemie.

I think you'll be fine. If you have any goat buddies, check if they have any on hand, just in case. I've shared with many over the years. Sometimes with a licensed rehabber for fawns.
Thank you ☺️ I'll make sure I have bottles & nipples on hand DSetere1

Thank you. I'll have bottles & nipples on hand. DSetere

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_135404196_kindlephoto-530847936.jpg
    IMG_20220609_135404196_kindlephoto-530847936.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20220609_135415566_kindlephoto-530707205.jpg
    IMG_20220609_135415566_kindlephoto-530707205.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 59