My new bunny

leeta84

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey all. I can finally post this.
I got my first English Angora rabbit on May 30th. Two days earlier then expected but awesome as it was my birthday :D

Here are a few pics. She Came with the name Piper and I'm kinda loving it but not sure I'm feeling it any suggestions?

IMG_20190530_183058.jpg IMG_20190605_185940.jpg IMG_20190605_185952.jpg IMG_20190605_190536.jpg IMG_20190605_190603.jpg IMG_20190605_190802.jpg IMG_20190605_191051 (1).jpg

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oooh! Congrats!!
I was actually just thinking about you and wondering if you got them yet!
Is she a Chocolate Tort? Gorgeous! :)
I love the name Piper...I had a doe named Piper and I loved her to pieces.
My current does names are:
Jessie, Skyler, Ronnie, Aggie, Phoebe, Maybelle, Sammy Jo, Betty Sue, Sydney, Celia, Beatrice, Luna, Emma, Milly, Maude, Cameron, Lima, Mascha, Suva, Aspen, Ula, Violet, Paris, Ui (pronounced oo-ie), and Wahine.
If you want to steal some of my names feel free ;)

Last edited:

leeta84

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oooh! Congrats!!
I was actually just thinking about you and wondering if you got them yet!
Is she a Chocolate Tort? Gorgeous! :)
I love the name Piper...I had a doe named Piper and I loved her to pieces.
My current does names are:
Jessie, Skyler, Ronnie, Aggie, Phoebe, Maybelle, Sammy Jo, Betty Sue, Sydney, Celia, Beatrice, Luna, Emma, Milly, Maude, Cameron, Lima, Mascha, Suva, Aspen, Ula, Violet, Paris, Ui (pronounced oo-ie), and Wahine.
If you want to steal some of my names feel free ;)

I really don't know what color she is. She is basically the same color all over. Her little nose and ears or a tinge darker sometimes but over all she's just a cream color.
Here is here bottom side.
IMG_20190610_200907.jpg

leeta84

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Did you decide on a name for her yet? :)
I think its just gonna remain Piper :D
I just found out last night that I shouldn't breed her to the male I have coming on the 30th either. Like It's not recommended.

She said that its not recommended to breed a tort to a tri or harli cuz it ends up torting their markings (no clue what that means).
She said I should breed her to another Tort or a Self for best results.
I was just starting to think I understood and now I feel like I'm back to square one >_<;

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think its just gonna remain Piper :D
I just found out last night that I shouldn't breed her to the male I have coming on the 30th either. Like It's not recommended.

She said that its not recommended to breed a tort to a tri or harli cuz it ends up torting their markings (no clue what that means).
She said I should breed her to another Tort or a Self for best results.
I was just starting to think I understood and now I feel like I'm back to square one >_<;
Aw i'm sorry!
Torting the markings just means that it 'muddies' them and makes the colors run together.
Are you going to sell him and get a new buck then? Or keep him for fiber and look for another breeding buck?

leeta84

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Aw i'm sorry!
Torting the markings just means that it 'muddies' them and makes the colors run together.
Are you going to sell him and get a new buck then? Or keep him for fiber and look for another breeding buck?

I'm not sure what to do. I do like the buck I'm getting so I'll probably keep him for fiber. That is what I wanted to do from the beginning (get fiber).
I don't know if I should look for another buck to breed to her and a new doe to breed to him later? Or fix him and just use him for fiber... It all costs money after all.

I think I have to breed her before a certain point right? I've heard their hip bones fuse if you don't but I thought that was just Guinea pigs. o_O

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's too bad...you could always sell him and buy a different buck...then you save some money that way right?

And yes you should breed her before she turns 1 year old. Their hips do fuse but I've seen a few does that were just over a year and they had litters no problem. But I would rather play it safe and breed her around 8 months :)
Or whenever she wants to breed! How old is she?