My new goats! Pictures+updates

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Meet Marshal

243_dsc_8253.jpg

And Milly!

243_dsc_8258.jpg

They are the two sweetest goats ever! I'm sorry I'm so late posting pictures, but I spent all day yesterday making a new, better stall for them, and then I couldn't type from a finger injury (I hit it with a sledgehammer while trying to pound a t-post in... Very lucky it wasn't broken.)

Anyway, made them a wonderful stall twice as big as their old, makeshift one, and much airier and more fun. They have room to run in it, and I even put a huge tractor tire in their stall so they could jump and run and climb (I pulled both my wrists moving that tire. They'd better like it!)

We're working on a run next, and doing our best to train them to not bite or jump up on people. Marshal's a handful, he does both and is hell-bent on escaping his pen so he can follow me everywhere. I might have to reinforce it.

I won't be on often the next few days because of the immense amount of work I have to do. Just thought I'd post those pictures everyone wanted. :)

~GFG

Rence

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They are soooo pretty! Congratulations :)

BUT...why are you putting T-posts in with a sledgehammer? Isn't there someone you can borrow a T-post driver from? It makes it SOOOO much easier and much more safe.

Sounds like you're doing a lot for them. I'd love to see pictures of everything when it's done :)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kittylove.gif

Yes, find a T-post driver, they are much safer and easier to use than a sledge hammer.

You know we really will want to see pics of everything. ;)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
those are some cute goaties.an next time use a post driver.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Very cute, congrats!
Love the saanen....I have a Snubian (Saanen x Nub) that looks a lot like that, only her ears are at half-mast.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Rence said:
BUT...why are you putting T-posts in with a sledgehammer? Isn't there someone you can borrow a T-post driver from? It makes it SOOOO much easier and much more safe.
We have a t-post driver, I just couldn't find it. :/

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Rence said:
We have a t-post driver, I just couldn't find it. :/
Please, find it before you drive anymore!

pattyjean73

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Nice looking goats. They're so cute! Yes indeed... post pictures of their new stable, run, EVERYTHING. All of us newbies need as many ideas as we can!

Latest posts