My new Jenny is losing hair all of a sudden

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's been decades ago - but I remember using diluted Clorox for rain rot. Even further back (about a hunnert years ago) when I was a child - we bathed our dogs in diluted pine-o-pine and it killed the heck outta fleas.

JwPond

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
To everyone who replied, thank you so much! I was in Tractor Supply today, and I saw on one of the bottles of medication the word “rain rot” and realized that she lost her hair just after an incredibly torrential downpour. It was the same week we brought them to our place, and I think they hadn’t figured out where the barn was yet. This Jenny won’t let me touch her. I have a sneaking suspicion she may have been mistreated before her previous owners. That’s what my friend said who I got her from. My friend and her teenage daughters treated both of them like gold. It does look like it has crusted over now. I’ve been thinking maybe I need to somehow put some type of remedy in a spray bottle to get to it, but she may bolt then. Thanks again! I’m pretty sure it’s rain rot now.