My new weener piglet can't open his eye!

Reaction score
So, my new Duroc piglet is not acting quite right. We got him and his sister two days ago. Squeeler is spunky and rooting everything in her sight (she is a Duroc cross). While Miss Piggie, well, his tail is not curling, he has dripping diarrhea, and he isn't rooting too good. He is also sluggish and his hips shake. We have a heat light with them. I gave them 2 raw eggs on top of their food and Gatorade to drink. Will he die? Will her ever be as spunky as Squeeler?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Might want to take his temp and call a vet. Is he getting the same feed that he was at the breeders place, or did you change feed? That could be the cause of diarrhea. I wouldn't give him raw eggs - better for pigs to cook them first. And, don't hesitate to call your vet. He might need some antibiotics...

Reaction score
Might want to take his temp and call a vet. Is he getting the same feed that he was at the breeders place, or did you change feed? That could be the cause of diarrhea. I wouldn't give him raw eggs - better for pigs to cook them first. And, don't hesitate to call your vet. He might need some antibiotics...
His eye is open now and he is perkier. Ok, thanks for the advice! I did change the feed. He is also the less dominant piglet out of the two.