My Sheep Journal~ I'm a grandma! Black Betty had twins!!!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Quick update....Little Mo also had twins this year and all lambs doing well and growing strong. I'm wondering if the ACV had anything to do with 3 out of 4 lambs being female?

I guess it would take a longer experiment to see if this was true each lambing season but I've read of farmers reporting 85% and above female lambs with monthly use of ACV and did not have this result before using it.

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Royd Wood said:
This is sad news Bee

:hit :hit :hit :hit

going to miss your Journal updates
Still hoping that you revive this journal as it had everything inc jumping in a pen to check out a potential rams scroat - still think about that post when checking my chaps here

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Royd, it would be nice to have other sheeple journals on this forum that are updated often with pics and projects, ideas and problem solving posts. I still love to discuss and learn about sheep husbandry.

Now that I no longer own my sheep, I don't have much to post....they are back in their original herd, although they say that my gals won't hang with the herd now and live separately by choice. I think they used the word "spoiled" about that....don't know how those gals got spoiled 'cause I sure didn't do it! :D

I'd like to encourage all new sheep people to document your progress so other newbies can avoid pitfalls, learn from your experiences and exchange ideas. This journal really helped me to track my progress.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heard from my farmer buddy who has Black Betty and she had triplets this year and is feeding them all well. They bred her to a Royal White ram, so it should be interesting to see these babies.

Sadly, the same farmer let his sheep out on new spring grass and didn't provide the correct roughage to balance their rumens( an old guy and knows better :/ ) and Little Mo got bloated and died from the experience. She was a beautiful ewe and a gentle and good mother. :(