My thoughts on the Simple Pulse milker

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
http://www.simplepulse.net/

I'm not through shopping yet...but I am in the market for a milker. My hands are complaining more and more every day so after a surprise financial windfall I've decided to get a milker. My frugal self says to just get a simple hand milker, but my not so frugal self wants something a little more substantial. Plus, I want the ability to milk two goats at once.

My requirements are simple. It must be simple to use, and simple to clean. And, I want it easy enough that a friend/neighbor or DH can use it! See my motive here?

I had originally looked at Perry Milkers, and while they're not off the 'list' I thought I'd get some opinions on this one.

Has anyone used one of the Simple Pulse milkers, or know someone who did?

Also, you folks that are experienced with milkers - what's your opinions/ideas on this one?

Thanks!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL- I'm laughing because my surprise financial windfall was a tax return! Of course, the reason we got a tax return was that my DH didn't work for two months last year - so my windfall was more like a 'make-up' check. Probably still in the hole on that one...

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I got a milker and had poor luck with it. Mine is the kind with the little rechargeable battery that creates a vacuum. It has tubes that connect it to a mason jar. Syringe tubes fit over the goat nipples. My goats kept kicking them off.
I also noted that the few times they stayed on there was pinkish color added to the milk.
So I tossed it in the pile of stuff I wasted money on. LOL
I'm hand milking three goats myself but have decided my hands are easier to clean than all that tubing and what not.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother That is an interesting milker. I have a "real" one from Caprine Supply and the Simple Pulse looks promising. It has a balance tank, which is important for an even pull on the teats. I really don't see any reason that it shouldn't work. I would be looking at the way the lines attach to the jar lids.

The worst part of using my milker is cleaning it but it does allow me to milk goats that have itty bitty teats and it is easier to milk a "dancer". My hands appreciate it.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have one of the hand milkers that you pump up, with syringes for teat cups...I've used it occasionally and my DH has 'tried' to use it. It came set up for two teats but it was darn near impossible to get both cups attached so I converted it to a one teat milker. As it is, it would be extremely time-consuming, not to mention a real PIA, to use it to milk multiple goats twice a day.

I definitely want something with 'real' teat cups and a pulsator. I know there is some debate as to whether a pulsator is necessary, but since I want to use this long term, and it comes with one - why not?

I've watched all the videos and clean up isn't complicated or even very time consuming.

I do think that I'll go with the 2.5 gallon stainless bucket instead of the glass jars. It's spendier up front, but by the time I break two or six of those glass jars...

I'm gonna TRY to take a week or so to decide. I don't want to look back and think that I made an 'impulse' purchase. Not that that's EVER happened before.... Hmmmm, thinking back that might be how I got into goats in the first place, lol!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
As long as that pump can pull the vacuum you need I think it should work. I bought my system off of CL and got a good deal and I already had a new bucket as I was borrowing a pump from someone the prior year. I sold the bucket that came with the used system so that was even better.

Ask them if they guarantee that it will work. How do the hoses attach to the stainless steel bucket?