My thoughts on the Simple Pulse milker

SteveElms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm watching this thread for an update on which one you chose and how it works. I'm using a Henry Milker now, and it takes me 30 minutes to milk out 2 goats (including stripping the last by hand). If each goat took 5 minutes, I could add more goats!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm watching this thread for an update on which one you chose and how it works. I'm using a Henry Milker now, and it takes me 30 minutes to milk out 2 goats (including stripping the last by hand). If each goat took 5 minutes, I could add more goats!

That is a long time. Far longer than hand milking would be.
Why not just hand milk?

SteveElms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You haven't seen my complete lack of skills in the hand milking department. I also shattered my left wrist in October, and I have a plate, 9 pins and 3 screws holding it all together, which translates into I can really only hand milk with one hand. I just don't have the strength built up in it yet, and my coordination wasn't great before the accident.

That was 30 minutes total, from the time the goats are on the stand until I take them off. Cleaning udders, stripping, milking and finishing the last half quart by hand. And I thought I was pretty speedy :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was 30 minutes total, from the time the goats are on the stand until I take them off. Cleaning udders, stripping, milking and finishing the last half quart by hand. And I thought I was pretty speedy :)

Well then that IS speedy! ;)
I gotcha... I have severe arthritis in my hands especially my fingers so I don't hand milk... my farm partner does - by partner I mean farm co-owner partner - not my husband. He can hand milk but the goats don't like him milking them- they are snots. They are finicky.
Mt partner is speedy- faster then machine milking.

I probably couldn't milk 1 goat in 30 minutes :lol::lol::lol:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have decided to get this milker- just haven't ordered it yet. Having internet problems and working off my phone-ugh. I have a question or two for them so I will probably call them on Monday and get things rolling.

I also have another purchase in the works....he just has to grow up a little more. Such exciting times!!!

SteveElms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
image.jpeg Congrats on deciding on the milker. My wif and I are talking about getting one once the milking barn is built and we had looked at the Perry milker. This one looks as good or better, so I'll be excited to hear how it works.

@Southern by choice Here's a photo of my x-ray. I wish there was a good story behind it but I simply tripped over a baby gate. We don't even have kids - just chihuahuas that try to clean the cats litter box. In hindsight I should have just thanked them for helping and not put the gate up. This hardware has hindered my hand milking quite a bit but it also creates a good excuse to get a good milker which in turn allows for more goats to be milked in the same time

Steve