My two Norwegian Fjords

Kelly G

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I know I posted these over in the Clydesdale thread, but then I thought anyone looking for Norwegian Fjords would never know to look for them under "Clydesdales."

My first Fjord is COF Sigaurd....he is 9 years old and a brown dun gelding. He rides, drives, and I use him to teach my beginner lessons on. He has the patience of a saint! He has the personality of a golden retriever & never has a bad day....everyone is a potential friend (and provider of potential treats!).

SiggyLarge2-2.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

...with my neice -
DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0015Small.jpg

DSC_0026Medium-1.jpg

He was an orange zebra for Halloween:
SiggyKaitlyn.jpg

cid_000501c9592bea093eb06700a8c0Kel.jpg

...and with our two (non horsey) daughters:
DSC_0239.jpg

and next..........

Kelly G

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ole! He is our 10 year old, grey dun gelding. He also rides and drives, and we will be using him for intermediate students. He has a great-mind and a pretty funny sense of humor. He's a little less "drafty" than Siggy - more refined and a little more "edge" to him.

I LOVE this horse!!!

One of my favorite pictures - he looks like a seahorse!
DSC_0008Large.jpg

DSC_0292Large.jpg

He's always fairly certain he's dying of hunger - absolutely pathetic!
DSC_0300Large.jpg

DSC_0304Large.jpg

DSC_0276Large.jpg

The little crinkle on his nose - perfect for kisses!
DSC_0263Large.jpg

DSC_0264Large.jpg

He lays flat-out for his naps.....and he SNORES!
Oletakesasnooze.jpg

Bed-head after a nap -
DSC_0261Large.jpg

DSC_0268Large.jpg

DSC_0283Large.jpg

DSC_0288Large.jpg

DSC_0258Large.jpg

I am soooooo thrilled to have these two!!! When I was growing up, I wanted a pony so much (but always had Saddlebreds/Morgans) - but I finally have the ponies I always wanted!!!

Kelly G

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
LOL!!!! I think we're old friends! :D

kelsey2017

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Love it! Fjords were always my fave when I was a kid. Now I need one to work my little farm, they're just perfect. Beautiful horses, Kelly G! Just beautiful!

Kelly G

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! We are soooo in love them. Thanks for the compliments - it's always nice to hear!

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Nice! There were some on CL by us this week and I was lamenting that we can't have anything horselike here. Also the price was more than I want to spend on our next car.

And yes, you can clearly tell that he's just starving to death. Also he says you beat them with sticks and he needs more treats. And maybe because there's a pokey thing on the fence, that might warrant some grain. On and a fly just landed on him so hand over the carrot.