mygoldendoe - deer, rabbits, &more(?)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think the site was down for a time today, likely unplanned. I have it up all the time and just log in when I want to read/post. Earlier today it wouldn't bring up any thread I clicked on nor would it com up when I opened another browser window and put in the home page.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think the site was down for a time today, likely unplanned. I have it up all the time and just log in when I want to read/post. Earlier today it wouldn't bring up any thread I clicked on nor would it com up when I opened another browser window and put in the home page.
well this is a daily thing for me tho. I was hoping with the new laptop itd be better but maybe since today was was like that for others that its still a good chance for my laptop to be better than my other device

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, Hello stranger!!....:frow....many of us have been having problems getting on here as late...so, don't think it is an isolated issue. Glad things have seemingly made a turn for the Better for ya and sure hope it continues....:fl....sounds like ya made out pretty good on that laptop....hope all the animals are doing well for ya too with this crazy weather that has been traveling thru our area....:)

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
yes this weather is giving us run for our money
all is looking up til issue we had with a pair of rabbits. Bc of the storms i had to make a simi-permanent cage with 2 (obvious) males. Well timing worked out to harvest this Monday BUT tonight was my turn to do the second daily check. The males cage is only 3inches above the ground. And the only ones there..as I'm feeding i see blood under them. (after birth) and scattered about (even couple feet away) were 5 dead kits... But they are both obviously males. I dont understand what's happened. Can a rabbit have both male and female parts?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking either one of them is NOT a male, or perhaps a wild rabbit had babies under or near the cage? Good to have you stop by. Weather has been weird just about everywhere.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
both rabbits are well endowed enough to not mistake their maleness. I hadn't considered a wild rabbit could fit under the 3in cage gap but I haven't seen any wild ones since we moved in 6yrs ago. Hm ill have to pay closer attention

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well husband finally got to harvest them. He went ahead and did the two male mini rexs. And turns out one of the males was a hermaphrodite. Had penis&testicles, plus ovary's, uterus, and milk sacks. I asked him if I could take a pic but he said he already threw other rabbits parts over it and he wasn't digging it out now that its lightening, but that i was more than welcome too. Lol if the sudden pour ends soon enough ill see if I can find it in all that other mess

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
wow... that's something else again!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m now following along on your journey! I hope that y’all get to move to the land and expand your homestead soon!