mygoldendoe - deer, rabbits, &more(?)

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you for that, i hope we get to move there soon also. But we found out the neighbor cut our access to the shared well btwn us 3 neighbors and with the county not running lines anytime soon i dunno how long itll take.
We had to put our homestead on hold for awhile unexpectedly (reason of absence). A close elderly family member of ours with Alzheimer's needed 8-10hr care daily while her family worked, and since she was wheelchair then bed bound, it didnt leave much for moving forward with our own lives. I got into a good routine, several months pass, loving my time with her when she passed two days after our very close elderly neighbor passed, and two of our grandfather on both ine and husbands side are waining fro this disease. Needless ti say its been really emotional leading up to the holidays. Between then i started watching my twin sisters son. Taking him with me there, now here, Iv finally goten used to my new daily routine. But i shouldnt get used to it bc my sisters daughter will be here within two weeks, if she does in one week she'll be here before her brothers 1yr birthday. Ill be keeping her too when shes a month old.
Man my WHOOOLE post got deleted...atleast it saved that much..ugh. well ill highlight. We got a dog in june at 7weeks old so hes 6months right now. His name is Bon. Went from fluff ball to sharp muscular doggy. Hes SUPER fast thanks to his long legs and wide feet. When he was growing into them he looked a bit scooby doo-ish.. he looks to be something like a Belgian malinois tho his mother is a lab and dads a stray (same as ace but atleast with ace we know his dad was a st benard bc he lived at the house up the street and visited daily lol) bon really perked ace up. But last month and hlf his arthritis has been affecting him shaky steeps and hobbles during early mornings, sleeps way more than he should, and is verbally cranky with bon now..im worried for him. He has a date with his first ever groomer Thursday. Gonna use that deshedding servce, teeth, makes him feel better. I do his nails and wash him but i hurt my back bad when i washed him last. (In aug he had gotten sprayed by skunk, i gave him his 4th bath that day before it was gone. Then 2-3weeks go by and he decides to run off and eat soemthing dead and roll around in it. I washed him and normally he gets in tub by himself but its high walled and his arthritis didnt want him in, it hurt me when i put his 102lb self in the bathtub so let someone else do it this time) gonna see if the pampering helps him, i nnow him bejng clean ill be able to waller on him like we used too so that may help too.
A stray came up and killed two rabbits from our gazebo, didnt even eat them, just went i to drag another cage off its stand across the yard then knock two more cages off their stand. The rabbits screaming is what woke me not the cages being ripped down. Husband was still sound asleep..dog was shot and it ran away while he got everything cleaned up. Husband doesnt trust us out there with crazy dogs poor man did it all himself. I kinda felt bad bc we had been putting off harvesting all those growouts since our weekends were getting schedualed for us by family needing help moving but at same time i feel like if we had then we woulda lost our breeders..all well. We did manage to sell 4 growouts tho. Now we just gotta harvest 11. I think we'll take a break from our frequent breeding (we did 6 all in pairs of twos so that there was always babies, but i think we are just gonna do 4 in pairs with even more time btwn rotations.) If so we'll need to harvest more than 11...maybe when im not looki g after so many kids with frequent feedings itll be better to get big again..but since its been 9months of us trying for our own 3rd final child itll be some time. Who knows we may not get too..took over year for our second and with my thyroid still messed up it could take longer still..who knows..
My oven is still weird working sometimes and not others, motherboards half melted.. i tried selljng my clarinet (wooden yamaha advantage ycl400) but this small town means only band kids are interested and no one has lowest asking price of 400$. The thing is over 1000$ im giving more than a major discount. I just wanna earn somthing to help my husband get a new stove.
If you have tips on selling anything or earning money, let me know. I tried selling knitted and crocheted hats and toddler clothes but im not fast since i have so many lil kids to care for whose at ages of frequent feedings. Plus it doesnt help tthat here everyone and their mother does some form of craftig so it doesnt really sell unless its absurdly dirt cheap. Making all that time i snached here and there pointless.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1547610191850.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547610191850.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20190115-220846_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190115-220846_Gallery.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Cute pup. Sorry you've been through a heck of a lot since you were last here. I don't know how you've managed to hold up. None of my business and I don't know any details, but are there any other family members that can lend a hand with all of this? Seems like you're the "go to" for just about everything... Anyway, nice to have you stop in and hope you can come by more regular.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You surely have been and continue to be the family caregiver. Very tiring job that!

How is it that the neighbor can cut your access to a shared well???
I wonder if you could sell the clarinet on ebay for what it is worth.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes its very tiring. And yup i am the go to person since im the stay at home mom since all immidiate and extended family works. But if i need help, nope no ones got the time or means. Somehow ppl think that since your stay at home mom you got time to do what they want plus get all your stuff done (since you know all us sahm do is sit around anyway) and bc your family you dont need paid for it. I love helping ppl but im getting burnt out on being taken advantage of..id rather spend my time helping and visiting my Alzheimer's family thats left while i can in my now nonexistent spare time. Man i miss her so much, i wonder if the others will get as bad as she did..
Uh, yeah the way they got to cut ppl off is the water got to a certain level and when it does legally they can shut the others access so that their access doesnt go dry also. They called someone out to inspect it. But i had personally never heard ofbit before now, but iv also never been on well water before either.
I havent tried putting clarinet on ebay bc iv sold a fitbit before and it was 20$ to ship so i couldnt imagine how much itd be to ship my clarinet in its hard case.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is, county said itll be anout 7-10yrs before they get out that way. So qe cant move out there until water source is taken care of. I wish there was something i could do..my husband had wanted his daddys land for so long and when his granny handed it over with hisfathers other possessions he was so excited to be where he knew his daddy best..(he died when my husband started highschool early 2000z)..i want it for him too so makes me feel bad i cant help him

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you save up for a well? I know it is a ton of money though. I can't imagine having to share a well with someone who has the legal right to stop you from using it.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are saving so far but having got to set up a meeting with anyone yet. We were going too but his grandma told us that 5acres was scouted already with no luck which was why they had to share, so for now we save til we can get an idea of how much they'll charge for scouting again. The ground is a nightmare up there its loaded with trees so the ground is very uneven and your foro will fall thru the pine needles not knowing roots and everything are.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are wells there point wells, dug wells or drilled wells?

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I hadnt even asked my husband. He was the one who walked up there talking to all the neighbors. Thats how we found out half of someones swimming pool was on our land.
But was in a reck yesterday. Im mixed emotions. The whole reason we were out that rainy day was bc take ace to his first professional grooming, i forgot his rabies shot paper but he had his tag on. I told her this years update shot was done 2days prior. That he had his tag and ill just run home real quick and get it. She said it was ok she just wanted to varify things. She said let me call, she called the vet, they gave her info and asked for then told them to print a copy for her records. She said shed take him on back while ill go to vets to get that one. Im mad bc i have papers at hkme bit now the vet is expecting me. On the way up there is when i hit a heavy duty truck carring some kind of tank canisters. It was stoped at a railroad track but had no brakes or flashers on. I slowed down anyway bc its railroad tracks but when i realized it wasnt moving i hot brakes too hard and my steering locked up and we skidded into it anyway. My 2yr was fine. My 9mo nephew was fine. I hit my knee pretty bad but not medical emergency so i refused to go to hospital. Anyway call my husband and he sounded so mad. Made me feel worse. My sister met me there and she dropped off my 5yr old who she picking up from school for me bc i was supposed to be at the groomers and she took her son home. Got us all in husbands truck and got home. We stayed while husband went to get ace. He couldnt find the lady and went looking found ace in a cage too small for him and when she came in she asked for his papers so she could start. He asked her if she had done anything yet she said no and he just asked for him back to forget it. So babsically i was in a reck for nothing. I cost my husband soo much money for nothing.
There was soo many wrecks within the last few weeks with ppl dying and needed cut out of cars, i guess we did have some luck yesterday. That deasel never hit us from behind when it stopped just steps away from us..but boy im feeling the pain in my knee and foot. My pelvis, neck and right shoulder blade area sure do hurt. Barely slept at all and ibuprofen isnt touching it

Attachments

• 20190117_140457.jpg
    20190117_140457.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20190117_145914.jpg
    20190117_145914.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: