Mystang's Homesteading Circus

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
lol, been there and done that. It would cost more money to fix the engine than it would to just buy another one. It's not new. Just an old Bunton. Great lawnmowers, last forever.

I did forget to mention that the pigs are gone. We killed them and made much of them into sausage. Gooooooood eating! Still don't want to do that again lol.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The lawn mower blew up today. Oil got in the piston chamber and boom. Kinda sucks but it is what it is.

My mower engine blew up a couple weeks ago :idunno Yep, new engine is almost cost of new unit...almost, well a whole lot! I'm using tractor and daughters riding mower for fast resolve. I'll address mower later -- maybe Spring. :D

Reason for not wanting goats?.....mmmm, don't like em? Lol, no logical reason. Just don't like them.

Some people don't. I never considered them until someone ask us to take in an older doe almost 25 yrs ago. Found her to be pregnant and really needing a home. She was a sweetheart and from then on, always had goats. Mine have a lot of personality. :D =D To each his own, I say.

Glad you posted as I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Seems you have been very busy. Yes, the homegrown hogs are tasty! Yes, they are work to raise & butcher. Yes, I am glad mine are gone -- although I have enjoyed the meat!! :lol: My sows & piglets went to a great home, making their total cost a profit. Win-win.

Hope Bruce the ram continues to behave for you. Shame that the boys have to be so obnoxious! Forunately, my mini stallions and buck goats are pleasant and well trained to handle. They have their days of resistance but, overall good ones. At 72 I'm still able to easily handle their 250-400# temper tamtrums, which are seldom occurrances. :) Nice to be able to give them that amount of compliment.

So, don't be a stranger. At least post a hello.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You are entitled to not like goats... No biggie! Sorry to hear about the blown engine. Just one more expense... I've come to realize that that's what having a "hobby farm" is all about... moving from one expense to another. Yup... I said it... I'm a hobby farmer. Fair weather naturalist. Anyway, glad to hear from you. Just finished a plate of breakfast sausages come to think about it. Love me some pork products!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fair weather naturalist
Which, (I found out the hard way) is decidedly different than being a naturist..

(I bought some of H-E-B's brand breakfast patty sausage last week. Do NOT like it.
Unpleasant odor when cooking and too much blood..and way too lean to even make pan gravy with afterwards..)