Mystang's Homesteading Circus

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
20200310_144805[1].jpg
20200310_181015[1].jpg

SURPRISE! No seriously. We didn't expect any lambs until the 30th of March but apparently Sunny got to her sooner than I thought. Two healthy twins. Hopefully this bodes well for the other girls we hope are pregnant.

School is starting to wind down for a few of the children. We haven't had any breaks during the year other so we've just powered through. It's nice having a bit of a breather during the day.

I say that but 2 of the children were puking yesterday, 3 different ones are puking today. We expect at least 1 or 2 new ones to puke tomorrow. Fun fun day...oh well, could be worse.

Everything else seem to be doing ok. Waiting for spring to get here in full force. The children and wife are under the impression that this warm weather is here to stay. I think its just an Indian summer and we still have one more cold snap that's going to come in and ruin the fruit trees. We'll see who's right.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Like you, we are afraid of all this 60-70's weather and then get another cold snap and ruin the fruit crops this year too. My peach trees are showing some real swelling around the tips and I so DO NOT WANT them to open flowers...... Been in the 40's at night and up to 70 the last couple days. Supposed to stay like this all week. Way too early in the year for this. A few sprinkles yesterday, maybe some more showers on Friday.....

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the twins! I'm sure there is a mama somewhere under all that fleece.
Lol, all that wool was one of the reasons we have a clue she was so close. One, all sheep look pregnant at the end of winter. Heck, even my Rams look pregnant. Two, we couldn't see her udder to see that it had filled up. (I did check it after she gave birth and it's a beautiful!)

@farmerjan Yeah, our Apple and peach are gearing up like it's right around the corner. I wanna throw a few ice cubes at them lol. One thing I'm real concerned about is how weak this winter was. Fleas and ticks are going to be absolutely terrible this year I'm afraid.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's already acting like summer here the flies are horrid. Fleas i prefer not to think about. And it is in the 80 all week. Has me nervous about summer temps.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My 5 year old was in the loft moving some hay around so I could get a layer of plywood down over top my workshop so I didn't have a bunch of hay floating into my woodworking pieces. I asked him to throw down some hay so we could have some to feed the sheep then I went off to work on a project.... Wrong move. He threw down enough to feed them for the rest of the year lol.

He did however ask if he could just into the hay from the loft that he just threw down. I told him absolutely not!
But then it looked like fun to me... So I told him no!... Not till your mom is home so if anything goes won't I can blame it on her.
But it REALLY looked like fun so I told him ok.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on lambs. I can sure see why you didn't "know" how many were in there! Good to hear from you.

I just had to laugh really hard at how you DESCRIBED the sick kids with "1 or 2 new ones" puke tomorrow. So matter of fact. BUT, so true.

Hope your wife is doing well and the pregnancy is "uneventful". Summer is coming soon.....

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It was fun watching. What was even better was the 5 year old when I told him to go for it. It's like when you have a big red button and you just have to push it because you think you're not allowed, but once you're given permission it loses its charm. I told him to go for it and he became a chicken. It took his big sister to jump first, then all the other little ducklings followed suit. The oldest child actually there at the end was the most reluctant lol.