Mystang's Homesteading Circus

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Been a bit over a month since I was here so I figured I'd update but there really isn't anything to update. Still doing homeschool. That's going. Still have a wonderful wife. It's starting to become winter finally. I know we need the cold but I really don't like cold.
Still not sure if the ewes are pregnant, hope they are.
I'm trying to fix up an old hay trailer to be ready for the hay season. Going slow because of the aforementioned cold but it's a thing.
That's pretty much it. Anything comes up I'll post it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you dropped in....at least we know you are still around. LOL Winter is probably most undesirable for most of us. I dislike the cold, also!!

Hope the ewes are prego

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just read your journal. Great story. Great life. Beautiful farm I’m glad you and your wife were able to get your children out to some land with animals. And yes, they are learning. How could they not?? :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you. Nice to have the slowdown time to do things like get the hay trailer work done. I sure hope that haying will be a little easier this year, and that if you need any questions answered, I will try to do a better job of giving you an answer than I did on the rake. I still feel bad for not realizing the kind of rake you were looking at..... just hadn't really considered that type when you said a wheel rake. I think that you will find that it will work better if the hay is taller when you cut, so a longer stem that will rake/turn over better.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I said I'd update if something new came up.
20200216_153519.jpg

That was from a ram. I replaced the gate with another old gate that was left here but I don't have any clue how to stop that from happening again.