Mystang's Homesteading Circus

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
That struck me funny and I am laughing at the mental picture of the ram in a log corral, beating the bark off!
Geez, just last night we were at our weekly dinner talking to our farmer friend about possibly getting sheep And one ram. After seeing that picture...I might need to slow down my thought process until we can build Fort Knox! Good luck!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are not called RAMS for nothing. A ram will hurt you. Not all are nasty and mean, but many are. You never turn your back on a ram.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Geez, just last night we were at our weekly dinner talking to our farmer friend about possibly getting sheep And one ram. After seeing that picture...I might need to slow down my thought process until we can build Fort Knox! Good luck!!

When I first got into sheep I never imaged the amount of destruction a ram could do. If you scroll back through some my ramblings here, search for "barn", you'll see how many times I've literally had to rebuild the date thing because of a ram and that isn't even all the things they've destroyed. It's like owning a tornado.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't even think about that Bay! Oh, well I guess one should because there wouldn't be much left of a person if a ram got them that hard and they HADN'T thought about the possibilities. He must have a HUGE desire to get out.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i might just buy a couple just to raise for meat at that rate..... my kids would want to snuggle them... might be a problem.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't even think about that Bay! Oh, well I guess one should because there wouldn't be much left of a person if a ram got them that hard and they HADN'T thought about the possibilities. He must have a HUGE desire to get out.
Rams are dangerous and can break bones and even kill a person. You HAVE to think about that when you have a ram. It's not a Disney movie.

i might just buy a couple just to raise for meat at that rate..... my kids would want to snuggle them... might be a problem.....

You can snuggle and cuddle a ewe or a wether, but not a ram. If you are going to raise a couple for meat, get wethers. That way if you are tempted to keep them because they are so cute, you can't breed them. If you have ewes...….then a ram.....then lambs and you are gone down that rabbit hole like the rest of us sheeple. LOL LOL

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol we been wanting them but with the kids having a ram isn't as tempting as it was before i saw that gate lol. My husband would be livid (he isn't as into animals as i am he could do with out them and live in an apartment the weirdo)

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I worry about the children too but fortunately I have older children who are there to guide the younger ones plus I bought a taser. When they need to go into the back pasture they take the taser.

Latest posts