Mystang's Homesteading Circus

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just had to laugh really hard at how you DESCRIBED the sick kids with "1 or 2 new ones" puke tomorrow. So matter of fact. BUT, so true.
Lol, unfortunately it actually was true. The youngest one was eating breakfast, then.... It was all over her. It comes to a point eventually, after dealing a while week of this, that when it happens, you just become numb to it and nonchalantly go about cleaning it like you'd clean your windows.
Children: "Dad! She puked!"
Me: "Oh, ok, I'll clean her up while the dog takes care of what's on the ground."
Yes, that's a thing in this house.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well if they are puking at least you know it isn't the Corona virus :D
Lol, that's what the wife was saying. Gotta look at the silver lining. :D

This is just here as a quick reference for me when I'm searching for something in this thread real quick.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
For the past couple of months I've been chipping away that large block silo I told you all about a while ago. I'd go out with a Sledge hammer knock a while in the base of it about the size of the hammer head then go inside. I did that until I'd knocked out over half the base. As I got past the half way point I started to become very cautious and careful till I finally felt it to risky and just waited for God to finish the rest of it for me.

I went out yesterday in, between the storms, to let the sheep back in and as I walked through the barn I noticed a door/window that didn't used to be there. Then it struck me.
20200319_180738.jpg

That above is a look from in the barn.
The below is from near the door to the barn lean to.
20200319_181135.jpg

Now, as a disclaimer, I wouldn't suggest this method of taking down a silo, but, thank God for keeping me and myself safe, it worked.

Now I can take down that tree you see, then start building on to the barn! .... Cause I didn't have enough to do...lol

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I use one similar to this one. https://www.amazon.com/Alaskan-Mark-IV-Chainsaw-Mill-36/dp/B06XHLVY6Y
Didn't cost quite as much but looks exactly the same. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow since I'll be using it trying to clear a way to my log splitter.

Went out and tilled the garden today getting it ready for Cole crops. With the weather as warm as it's been I feel it's a bit late for things like peas already.:(

We'll probably go out on Saturday and fix the fence around the garden. It needs expanded in places.

One thing I refurbished a while back was a cast iron skillet that I actually found in the silo, before it fell down.
20191212_140930.jpg

After I had made a hole in the silo I saw it and decided to bring some life back.

20200326_161835.jpg

Came out pretty good I think. So did the food. :D