Mystang's Homesteading Circus

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And the structure as well! That will keep the rain and sun off the equipment.
Hopefully. Tomorrow I will put the rest of the metal on the sides then caulk the roof. After that we'll move the rest of the hay equipment in. Probably move on to the compost pile and tidy that up a bit.

Today was spent looking for a van. Sunday the radiator blew up in the van so no more money being out into that one. Found one and will try to finish on it tomorrow too.

It was mainly just a date day with @mrs.mystang89 . The children were watched by my parents. We visited her mom and sisters since she hasn't seen the in a few months because on the virus circus going on. Got some nice Mexican food and enjoyed each other's solitary company. Then came home to chaos, which helps us appreciate the quiet time were got to spend with each other.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The hay equipment shed is finished finally. My son and I caulked all the little holes that we saw and nailed on the sides. The only thing I might end up doing one day before or after my death is mill some wood slatting and make the sides wood instead of metal.

Since I already had the tools or for working on the roof I decided to have a look at the lean to roof of the barn that has been leaking very badly in one specific spot especially. On the roof I couldn't tell where the leak was coming from at all. I've no clue. Everything looks fine to me but I put 2 more metal sheeting up there, caulked some more, sprayed some more Tough Stuff and called it a day before it began to rain. And yes, there is so much wrong with the previous sentence that you probably don't even know where to start. I do know this, if I ever have the lean to roof professionally done, the roofers will absolutely HATE me lol.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I cut out a door going from the lean to to the garden so now we don't have to go through the back pasture and deal with Rams at all if we only want to water or pick the vegetables! Just need a latch for it then we'll be good to go.

Bought a new to us 2001 dodge ram wagon. Had 50000 miles on it for $3500. It's probably going to need a new vacuum hoes but other than that it's not a bad vehicle. Sold the other one today for scrap since that's about all it was worth.

Oh, and my walk behind 48" mower engine blew up....

Good day, all things considered.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Isn't Mrs Mystang89 due to have a baby this summer? Hope all is going well.
She is due on June 7th and for the past 8 children hasn't gone early, (and only in her due date once). I'm expecting her to produce the fruit of our love and the 9th of June but either way, she is going to start her maternity leave in her due date. Thanks for asking and great memory!