Mysteriously Bred Doe- Can this happen?

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Its the wire wall. Its amazing, but it happens. Keep the cages separate by at least 1 1/2 inches, even if both are does. The can fight through the wire, too.
@Ol Grey Mare thank you so much

Kirsten miller

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I've had someone say the same thing tho however I have to admit it sounds alittle far fetched I always believed the daughter who was 12 at the time roughly put the rabbits in together to breed them and never told her mom (who believed it was an accident) but that's just me

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've had someone say the same thing tho however I have to admit it sounds alittle far fetched I always believed the daughter who was 12 at the time roughly put the rabbits in together to breed them and never told her mom (who believed it was an accident) but that's just me

Any time there are kids involved, you have the possibility of the ol' "don't tell Mom" bit. But the rabbit that I had this happen with was a dragon; she'd have latched on to any kid who put their hand in her cage. I figured it was pretty unlikely that a kid would have the nerve to get her out of a cage the first time, let alone trying to grab her again to put her back. ;)

Kirsten miller

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Haha yes I have a "dragon" as well we call her the witch she bit me again today.... I guess they call it breeding like rabbits for a reason

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Update on the Great Escape... one new pregnancy but farmer G admits it was probably the grandkids this time and that was how the buck got out. He has also moved the buck to a completely separate, lockable hutch on the other side of the barn after I read him this thread! :lol:

Hi @Kirsten miller, :welcome
I too have a dragonwitch doe, when not bred she strikes and sometimes bites, while pregnant: "Here there be Dragon"! I swear fire comes out of her mouth...:hide

Kirsten miller

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Lol!!! Mine is like that pregnant or not I bought her and got her bred so I thought maybe this is how you are when your bred but now her babies are 3 weeks and she's still a witch!