291_img_0711.jpg

291_img_0710.jpg

291_img_0702.jpg

Close up of 2.
291_img_0708.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I would say the jersey/angus cross you were told is correct.

They are nice looking calves. If you can't find any horns on them, I would say they have either been dehorned or are pullled as they should have nubin ones by now from the looks of them.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
one of them looks to be Holstein cross...the rest of them look like Angus/Jersey cross like you mentioned.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
one of them looks to be Holstein cross...the rest of them look like Angus/Jersey cross like you mentioned.
Are you referring to pic #2? Jerseys also have white markings and the angus cross would explain the darker coloring. Although I have seen some dark colored jerseys. They aren't all light brown as one pictures when they think of jerseys.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
those are some cute calves.2 calves could be jersey crosses.1 looks like a hol cross.an 2 look like angus cross.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
OK, I'm melting.
Bring them over and I'll find some shelter for them somewhere -- and fencing.. whatever.
Please give them a rubdown for me!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
OK, I'm melting.
Bring them over and I'll find some shelter for them somewhere -- and fencing.. whatever.
Please give them a rubdown for me!
You really need to get yourself a couple of calves. Must be someplace you can put them. :hugs

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Nope, I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't have them. It took me 3 years after the shed was destroyed to admit that and take down the fence. THat was just last year.
Work and the house/yard maintenance make it impossible for us to take on more. We got chickens last year cos the man wanted them and 5 of those is enough.
However, when the kids call me up and say "Guess what I got, " I gush over them.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
Nope, I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't have them. It took me 3 years after the shed was destroyed to admit that and take down the fence. THat was just last year.
Work and the house/yard maintenance make it impossible for us to take on more. We got chickens last year cos the man wanted them and 5 of those is enough.
However, when the kids call me up and say "Guess what I got, " I gush over them.
Then you'll just have to spend more time at the kids gushing over them. :)

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Why are all the words messed up?!!? -Calf- says kid..argh...I'm guessing this is how it's supposed to be?

Latest posts