Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve come up with tentative names for *if* Snowflake has twin doelings :fl...Anastasia and Alexandra. Their barn names would be Ana and Allie. The first of both is in a Disney movie and in real life, both are Russian princess sisters. DD1 was agreeable to this.

If there aren’t two does, I’ll just let her pick a princess name and come up with a male name to go with it.

Only time will tell.

As a side note, we broke our “M” Name streak for Maddie’s line in our herd. Her daughters are Mollie (Moxie, Ember), Melody, Maizy, Mya, and INDY! It was getting too confusing to everyone. If we digress, she can become Mindy. ;)
**Mollie has two heifers that we’ve kept. They are in parenthesis.
***DD1 wants to name Melody’s calf Mallory if it’s a heifer...:idunno

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I was reading the last post to see how much I needed to update our names we’ve given. I had to laugh because Indy stuck and Moxie had a heifer that we named Mallory! Lol Maxine also had a heifer that may be retained. We are calling her Emma for now.

Snowflake delivered triplets, 2B/1D. The second I knew the Doeling had a reddish color, I knew her name would be Ariel. The two bucklings were named after chipmunks by DD1. The white one is Alvin because he was a trouble maker in the beginning (difficult to get nursing) and the brown/white buckling had been described as “loveable” by same dtr so she named him Theodore. DH and I have shortened his name to Theo.

Nellie delivered triplet doelings less than 18 hrs after Snowflake! Talk about a naming quandary. DD1 has already mentioned naming one Cinderella and calling her Ella so when DH and I saw the first one and she was solid black, we knew that her name was going to be Ella. We’d only prayed for one Doeling out of Nellie but twins of any gender from there so imagine our shock when the second and third doe came in quick succession! Ella was already named but we had to talk to the human kids before naming the two roan girls. DD1 suggested Beauty (and one had a black tail) so we decided to go with Black Beauty and just use Beauty as her barn name. Ella means pretty in some form and Beauty, well we needed something along those lines and Princess-like for the third Doeling with the white spot on her tail and more spotting through her roan...I thought of the 101 Dalmatians so she became Perdita with a barn name of Perdy.

That makes our goat year:
Doelings: Jasmine, Ariel, Cinderella, Black Beauty, and Perdita
Bucklings: Jackson, Jericho, Alvin, and Theodore
All are based on some movie or something famous.

We have two more calves due but neither will be retained so named aren't expected. Caramel will be bred for fall kids so I’ll try to update this thread at that time with the names that her kids receive.