Natural dewormer for milking goats

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
If your animals have as heavy a load as you imply, it may be better to go with an injectable. Especially since you said they are off their feed... they probably wouldn't eat it anyway. The vet reported a heavy load... did he/she recommend a dewormer? You might call and ask.

Hope it all works out and you've caught this in time. Pics of them would be nice also, pls and thanks.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know I'am a bit late, but I thought that I would post our experience with de-wormmer.
When we got our first buck he was so fat when he walked fast or ran he would fall on his face, so we put him two table spoons of diatamaceous earth once a day for two weeks. After doing that for two weeks he still was super big, I know that God healed him but I thought it might help. His name is Leader and he is a purebred Oberhasli. Here are some pics of before and after. I will have to go and get a pic of him soon.
1-2 pic of when we first got him, these pics are about two weeks after I started de-wormming him so he was about two inches all the way around bigger when I first got him.

Attachments

• SAM_6583.JPG
    SAM_6583.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 73
  • SAM_6587.JPG
    SAM_6587.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Worms don't make goats fat (overweight). If they have a high enough load, it can make them loose weight- not gain.

Some parasites can give a pot bellied look.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
He had bloat, but we used de-wormmer to help him.