Need advice/help warming COLD kits

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another thing I just learned about warming up kits..but haven’t trypied yet...but my friend did...after I told her about it..is to submerge them in warm water heads up...I know, I know..this idea scares the heck out I pof me! But, a successful fancy breeder told me about it. She puts the kits in the warm water until they warm up...I guess it worms to get them hydrated from the outside in? Whatever it worked with this girls who bought three pregnant does from me, that I’m phasing out of my line up...this girl had never had rabbits. So, if she could do it..it must not be that bad??? I’m still Leary. About the bring in the nest box inside at night, I’ve heard that is a fantastic trick to get momma to wNt to nurse! Plus it keeps the kits out of bad weather, which is our issue up here. Momma is so full of milk, and missing her kits she is eager f the box and hops right in....once again, haven’t tried it..but an old breeder told me about it..I’m keeping this trick in my back pocket!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Simmer a mature rabbit low and slow, pick the meat off the bones, then make something from the meat. Dumplings, chili, stew, tacos, basically anything you would use chicken in.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes. If it’s a good sized rabbit you can make several meals, just fix it in different ways. Lasagna? You can make several small dishes and freeze them for those days that you have worked outside all day and don’t want to cook. Just heat it up. Make the dishes in an oven proof and microwave proof container. Thaw it a little then pop it in the oven. Like a frozen pot pie!

Latest posts