Need baby goat potty habits expert

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So I have not seen my 30 hour old bucking poop or pee. I was getting concerned about him taking longer then 30 hours to have his first moment so I gave him about 20 CCs of warm water enema over the span of about 10 min. Unlike things I had read about it the water did not wash out. It stayed inside which really had me freaked out. But then I saw a tiny pellet of greenish brown poop. That got me looking up stuff and I THINK he passed the meconium in the sack because when she expelled the placenta it had a few dozen English pea sized sphere in it that where dark and soft. Does this sound like he already passed it?

And the pee. I am not sure if he has not done so yet but he has been in the house (because of the cold weather and our uninsulated barn) for six hours now and I have not seen him pee yet. Any one one with more experience have any insight on why that might be?

Hope I am not abusing the emergencies board but with newborn babies everything can go bad so fast and my mom senses are tingling.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I've only ever given one enema and that kid expelled everything very....projectile-like.

Mine usually take a genormous meconium poop or two in the 1st 24 hrs. Maybe he took one and it got lost in mom's bedding. Looks like black tar, and generally stringy / sticky but sometimes formed into long pellets / strings.

They usually pee w/in 2 min. of getting their bellies filled.

Again, I have verrry little mom-raised kid experience so I don't know what to tell you.

If he doesn't feel hard / tight and is acting 'normal', I wouldn't worry too much.

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok after a chat with Kim I am reasonably assured he is not going to fall over dead on me. Panic reduced to pilot light at the moment.

New mom crises adverted. Man I need to get some more sleep.

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So I legitimately think he had not been peeing. He peed for the first time that I saw this morning on my dining room rug. (Never thought I would be so happy to see an animal pee on my rug). He stood there and peed and peed and peed. Long enough for us to go " wow maybe we should get him a towel or something" We went and casually got a towel folded it up and put it under him and he just kept going. Once he was finaly done after a few min he was so happy. Running and walking 10x better and doing a happy jig.

He also had a little bit of a bm last night. It is not clearly not meconium so I am a MUCH happier mommy this morning.

ETA: And two big baby poops after breakfast. Yaaaaa!