need help diapering a goat pls!

becksy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
ok! bit of a problem. We have a 1 and a half week old doeling at the moment she is staying inside partly because Im bottle raising her and she's so cute! and we are in the process of fixing up her outdoor living area. Im keeping her in the bathroom mostly at the moment because Im having trouble keeping disposable huggies on her. I tried just placing a nappy on her behind with her tail through a hole and hoped this would keep it on but the smart cheeky bugger has worked out how to get them off in the blink of an eye! so that way failed. Then I tried this method.

http://faintinggoatheaven.net/diapering agoat.html

It seemed to work well for a few days but now when she runs around I find that between the two front leg holes are ripping and the nappy eventually comes off sigh.. I really want to be able to let her out and give her some freedom, but it can be really hard when she insists on peeing on my boyfriend's bed! (I have no idea why) not to mention the carpet etc.

So now Im looking for other ideas that might work Ive thought of maybe a dog harness and stitching an extra piece of material with a clamp on the end (like on braces used to hold pants up) and I've read on here about using a sweatshirt arm and placing a safety pin through the nappy. If possible could someone post some pictures of this and how its done?

and also when I only place one diaper on the goat her back legs seem restricted is there any way to fix this at the moment Im trying newborn diapers. Maybe I need bigger ones?

Thanks all for any help in advance :)

mully

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
After putting on the diaper, wrap clear packing tape around the diaper. You will have to cut them off if she does not get them off first. She might be obsessed about not having anything on her so nothing might work very well.

Latest posts