Need help introducing a bottle baby to food....

Stephine

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Taking a baby goat to hang with its siblings is definitely NOT essential.
I have the stay at home order too. But what's really essential and non essential?
Oh I thought maybe you just took him home to bottle feed and your farm was somewhere different than your house. Good luck with the bucket. Mine would drink water from a bucket but not milk.

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Taking a baby goat to hang with its siblings is definitely NOT essential.
That’s why we’re aren’t doing that anymore. I could take him over there, put him in the paddock with everyone and not interact with another person, but we aren’t even doing that anymore.

He ate some pellets from my hand the other day, and he’s down to three bottles a day, so we are making progress, and he grazes in his own when we are out in the pasture.

Oakknollfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I consider it learning. People are doing worse. I'm lucky my animals are on the same land as my house so I'm not really traveling.

I think I may have confused you. My animals and my home are on the same land. I don’t have any other goats though, so I was taking him back to the farm that he came from so that he could socialize with other goats. The vet was concerned that he wouldn’t know how to bond with them properly when his brother came to live with us as well as his companion, with the way that he had bonded to me and our Labrador. He truly thinks he’s a dog. Since that farm has multiple people and tons of kids (human), we aren’t doing that anymore until this thing settles down.