Need help!! Please..

freeman

Just born
Reaction score
Its not a disease, but dont know what it is.... The other day we notice our free range rabbit had two little holes on its back. Not looking that close at it, we put that purple stuff on it and let her go.
Well today we caught her to see how she is doing. There is one bigger hole now and it looked like a worm was in it. I got it out and it looks like one of those worms off of the movie tremours.....
What is it? Is she ok? What was it doing????

2010-11-09_16-01-05_564.jpg

freeman

Just born
Reaction score
ok great info. thank you so much. I had already took it out. It was all in one piece, so now I will treat the wound. thank you again tiffanyh..

Heartlandrabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It could also be Bot Larvae, don't know much about it though. Never had any of my rabbits get it before!

freeman

Just born
Reaction score
I did a search on google images, and it does like just like cutereba. We have never seen anything like this before with our rabbits and we have been raising rabbits for 5 yrs. But thanks, I will do a search for Bot Larvae also.

CrimsonRose

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
yeah looks like cutereba to me...

typically can happen if you have wild rabbits around (they tend to attract the flys that lay the eggs) and your domestic rabbits get loose for a stroll...

Happened to us this summer and I freaked out... realized only the rabbits who got loose ended up having them... The ones who my 3 year old didn't let out to play were safe! So keep your bunny off the ground to deter it from getting more at least during the warmest months that is when they are more frequent.

freeman

Just born
Reaction score
Thank you again for all the help....

Last night we patched our little bunny up and this morning she is looking good. The hole is closing up and she is helping herself cleaning it..