Need Help Uploading Photos, Please!

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I've been trying to upload photos on BYH but it's not working and I can't figure out why. I try to upload but it's not showing any of my photos, thus I can't select any to upload. Thanks so much for your help!

vadynsmommy

Just born
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I've been trying to upload photos on BYH but it's not working and I can't figure out why. I try to upload but it's not showing any of my photos, thus I can't select any to upload. Thanks so much for your help!

I've been trying to upload a profile photo but I am unable to as well. I keep getting an error code.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
When you hit the upload a file button what happens?
Are you first clicking in the response box?
(where you would write)

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It brings up the files and then I go to the folder I want to get my folders from and it comes up blank. They're all JPG format (if that's the correct term). Yes, I've clicked in the box and I've done it without clicking it; neither has worked. : /

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Please see the information here: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/troubleshooting-byc-problems-bugs-error-messages-other-issues

If none of those things help, please come back to this post and reply with all the information requested in that article above, especially:

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
3) Have you tried a different browser? This allows you to test if it is a browser specific problem vs. a computer / network problem. We suggest Google Chrome or Firefox.

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
1) I have Firefox (not sure how to tell what version though) and have been using it for years intalled on my Linux operated system. (can you tell I'm not a techie?? : D : P)
2) Yes, just did, but nothing changed.
3) I tried installing Google Chrome but it didn't work. : /

To answer the rest of the questions...

I can't upload any photos, not on public posts nor in my private messages.
I haven't received any error messages at all.
This is a new issue for me; the first time it didn't work was on May 23, 2015 when I was trying to upload a few photos for my friend to see in private message. I tried again on 6/19/15, but still the same thing. I typed out my message like I usually do, then pressed the Upload a File button. Once that box popped up, I clicked through my folders till I got to the one I wanted, but when I opened it, it showed up blank, not letting me see any of the photos I know are in that folder.

Let me know if I missed anything or wasn't clear. Thanks so much!

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Also, just wanted to add, I've had Linux on my computer for nearly four years. It's always been just fine when I'm on BYH and other forums; never had any issues...

mikiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I always find website uploaders so difficult. Instead of uploading, it might be easier to just use a picture storage website like photobucket or tinypic etc, upload to there and then copy/paste the link/code